G-10

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

briand

Re: G-10

Postby briand » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:14 pm

Here's a couple pictures that turned out well. I really did enjoy the time I spent there. Planning on making it next year and staying a bit longer!
Attachments
IMG_2209.JPG
IMG_2201.JPG
IMG_2194.JPG

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:23 pm

Here is a pic of me and Gayle in the Torpedo and one of Neel's Gentry with crew. I loaded some video on my Facebook page.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
IMG_20160916_161056338_HDR.jpg
IMG_20160916_153438259.jpg
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Ibrew2be

Postby Ibrew2be » Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:40 pm

Rosemary and I had an absolutely wonderful time at G-10. We were first time attendees this year, and really appreciate the warm welcome we received. Our thanks to all of the builders and their significant others who patiently answered our questions, and for all those rides in those wonderful boats. Thanks again to those who did the legwork to organize this event, especially Bill and Neel.
Barry Shantz

Imp built and launched. Thinking hard about Boat 2.0

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:00 pm

I made some comment about taking a photo of Roberta's boat "while her skirt was up" and I got scolded for that. LOL

I said: "NO NO NO! I mean while the engine cover on the boat is open."

Hmmmm. I wonder what Denzil was thinking about in this photo. It sure looks like wheels are turning in his head. Does anyone agree?

I think he's thinking about how he's going to talk Vida into building a Belle Isle. Or maybe Vida is wanting Denzil to build it for her and he's trying to mentally do a quick count of the costs.
Attachments
044.JPG
167.JPG
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Gayle Brantuk

Postby Gayle Brantuk » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:24 am

I have to say that I had a wonderful time at G10! I think this was the most relaxing and enjoyable Gathering yet. It was so wonderful to see so many old friends and be able to pick up where we left off. And, to meet lots of great new folks as well. The food was delicious and as usual, I ate way too much. The dinner at Neel & Craig's was so much fun and thank you for all the delicious food you made! I would imagine you'll be eating spaghetti for a while. Bill & Lauren as usual are amazing at doing so much. And everyone else who helped and contributed--it was great. I created a photo album on the Glen-L Facebook page with some photos.We'll put together a Gallery soon. If you have photos or video, please send them to John@Glen-L.com

Thank you so much for all who came, organized, contributed, etc., etc.!

BarnacleMike

Postby BarnacleMike » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:38 am

Glad to hear everyone made it home safe & sound. There was a major traffic jam on 24 just after we left. For over an hour, I sat facing the wrong way on a hill, in the rain... the boat filling up with rain water. Fortunately, it wasn't enough water to cause a problem, and that oversized bilge pump I installed did its job well, once we got on flat ground.

Anyway... I had a great time seeing everyone at G10, and I'm thankful that I got to make the River Run this year.

Just for fun, here's the River Run at a glance... I just happened to look out the window on a flight back from Chicago and snapped this on my phone.
Attachments
IMG_0313.jpg
-Michael

Built Utility "Perseverance" — completed Aug 2016
Currently building a Zip
My Boatbuilding Blog: http://barnaclemikeboats.blogspot.com/
My Website of Boat Photos: https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com

Andy Garrett

Postby Andy Garrett » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:31 pm

I keep dreaming of dragging the Zip to one of these, but life keeps getting in the way--so much going on this time of year--every year.

The wife and I are planning to move from Kansas to Idaho before the next one, so maybe we can get to a western gathering if those are still a thing then.
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:35 pm

Thanks Everyone!

We had 65-70 people. Lauren and I are given lots of credit. But, Neel & Craig feed us all on Thursday night. Friday & Saturday nights there were at least 4 food stations. Saturday, we had three offerings at lunch. Breakfast Friday and Saturday. That's more than 20% of our people cooking!

Neel organizes the Friday run and checks the cabins before people get there.

We had music Friday and Saturday nights with Roberta and Dave playing. And, Keith with Karaoke.

I have no idea how many boat rides were given! And, how many helped get the boats in and out!

The HB staff tried to make things go smooth!

A BIG HAND! for everyone :!:

Thanks,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dale K.

Postby Dale K. » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:18 pm

Had a great time at G-10. Was nice to renew old acquaintances and meet some new people. Was especially cool meeting David, a fellow Baptist pastor, and his wife (David, please have her send me that dessert recipe. Thanks a million). A special thanks to Bill for all he does and also to Butch for giving me and a couple of my church members, who are boaters themselves, a ride on Innocence. In 3 Gatherings that was my first ride on one of the inboards. Way fun! And I know they enjoyed it too. They posted a video on FB before the day was over. Again, thanks to all.

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:54 pm

Here are a couple of photos at the restaurant. I think Jim is thinking: "What was that I just saw????"
Attachments
099.JPG
100.JPG
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

jenko

Postby jenko » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:03 am

looks and sounds like you folks had a ball, I want a report from the upside down guy from NZ

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:24 am

Pete

Dave NZ Page is a great guy. Really glad he could come! But, He needs to work on his Haka! :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:33 am

OK. What's Haka?

Roberta

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:44 am

Roberta

Dave did a little of it at awards. Haka is Native NZ war dance done by the Māori people. If you look it up you can watch examples of it. The NZ rugby team, All Blacks, does it before every game to frighten the other team. :shock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI851yJUQQw

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:53 am

Ah. I remember now. Silly me.

Roberta :oops:

Return to “Gathering 2016”