Southern Gathering (2016?)

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

specialk

Re: Southern Gathering (2016?)

Post by specialk » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:11 am

Dave things happen for a reason... we may not see or understand... the universe did not want you on the road to fla. by your self... Congrats.. on the job interview... keep us posted..!
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Thu Mar 17, 2016 8:00 am

Everyone keeps telling me that. LOL. ---like it's fate or something. Actually I don't believe in fate but this is a good job and if it works out, it will be the easiest I've ever been hired for ANYTHING. Of course, it's also the first job interview I've had AFTER college. In the past, it's always been extremely difficult to even get an interview and I always figured it was because I didn't have any college. That was the reason I ran my own businesses for virtually my entire adult life. No one would give me work and so, I had to hire myself.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

jamundsen

Post by jamundsen » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:13 am

GO FOR THE JOB! You'll do great. Great job offers dont come around every day.
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:35 am

All the best on the interview, Dave.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason » Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:38 am

The interview went really well. I feel very positive about it. I'll know more soon.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy » Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:23 am

I went to the sunnyland boat show- yesterday, it was not so sunny as hoped for...had a slow drizzle w/rain for 2-3 hrs...then the sun came back with some wind...cleared up, over 110 boats in the water...plus alot on land...still a great show...FL BOY.

bob smith

Post by bob smith » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 am

We went to the Sunnyland show Friday and left when the rain came Sat. It was great!! Lots of really nice boats and some great people.
I saw "Innocence" arrive Friday but didn't get over to say hi to Butch. Hi Butch!!
Many thanks and kudos to the Sunnyland ACBS Chapter.
BTW, The Blue Ridge ACBS Chapter hosts the annual Lake Hartwell Antique Boat Festival at Hartwell Marina (Hartwell Ga) April 15,16,17.
It's a great show and a great venue. Hope you all can come.
Bob Smith
Chester, SC

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:54 am

Pictures PLEASE!!!

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

flordia boy

Post by flordia boy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:19 pm

since moving to the tavares fl, area..I have joined the sunnyland acbs, and have signed on as a mentor for the youth...SCAMPY program, working with some very talented youngsters...they had a flea market selling alot of donated items, which raised over $2200..a local gentleman had donated a Glastron boat,motor & trailer..(like the James Bond ..one in the movie..sold for $7,000. the artist that painted the poster...auctioned off the original, donating $ 1,000....all the proceeds went to the SCAMPY program....these funds will help support the program....even with rain it was a good show...

Return to “Gathering 2016”