G-10 Lunch Run

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

neel thompson

Re: G-10 Lunch Run

Postby neel thompson » Fri Sep 09, 2016 3:48 am

Hey Kevin..... Don't forget the spaghetti dinner Thursday evening.

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:35 am

We are all set up at the marina in Chattanooga. We will be at the long dock just before the bridge. We won't need a combination there to get back on the dock. They are aware that some may need fuel either on arrival or before departure. Weather and winds look good and a 10 AM departure is still the plan. Looks like a great turnout.....

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:26 am

What happen to the long dock just upstream of the bridge? It was where you walk up the waterfall steps?
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:38 am

My guess is that there is just more room now that the Delta Queen is gone.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Two J's

Postby Two J's » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:31 pm

Neel
If John & Gayle B still need a ride I would love to have them in our Belle Isle. I spent my youth in Southern Cal so would love to catch up.
Jim Jatho

neel thompson

Postby neel thompson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Jim.... I know they need a ride but I am not planning on assigning seats. Maybe send Gayle and John a PM or an email and extend the invitation. Now that Bill E's boat is in the mix for lunch, there will definitely be enough seats for everyone. In the past couple runs, it seems like people team up on the dock just before we leave HB. But the more organized we can get it prior to Friday morning, the smoother it will go. See you soon!! Neel

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Organized :?: My brother in law tried to organize who would ride in what car going to my father's funeral! I said just get in the damn car! We're all going the same place!

Just get out there and load up. We'll make this work. I might be the last boat there. But, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise we'll be there!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:13 pm

Bill Edmundson wrote:Organized :?: My brother in law tried to organize who would ride in what car going to my father's funeral! I said just get in the damn car! We're all going the same place!

Just get out there and load up. We'll make this work. I might be the last boat there. But, good Lord willing and the creek don't rise we'll be there!

Bill

Exactly !!!
Anything otherwise is like herding cats :lol: :lol:
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:36 pm

Ken

Exactly.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

CaptDave

Postby CaptDave » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:23 pm

If there is any room for 2 more to ride to Chattanooga for lunch Melissa and I would love to go.
If not we will drive to Chattanooga and join for lunch.

thanks!

David Fannon
Capt. Dave

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:37 pm

David

All I can say for sure is be down on the dock and we'll load all we can. We just lost 4 seats with a boat that can't come. There is a good reason. But, it's not mine to tell.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2016”