Need Gathering info

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Wolfeg

Need Gathering info

Postby Wolfeg » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:27 pm

I'm new to the boat building world and found this site. Was wondering about the gathering. Who is welcome? ( just glen-l builders or can anyone join in). What happens there? Just any general info would be great! Thanks!

Bill Edmundson

Re: Need Gathering info

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:57 am

Wolfeg

Everyone is welcome. Look out on the index page for Gathering 2016. The Gathering is Sept. 16-18 @ Hares Bar Marina, Lake Nickajack TN. This is just south of Chattanooga.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DrBryanJ

Postby DrBryanJ » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:04 am

Wolfeg: Anyone is welcome to the gathering. You get a chance to see different boats built. As this is the 10th anniversary, we expect many boats. You can get chance to ride in some of the boats. We sit on the dock and discuss building. You have a chance to ask questions of people who have built the boats. We do a river run to Chattanooga for lunch on Friday. Usually there are enough seats that you can ride along. We eat, drink and have an all around good time. Everything is pretty casual. There is no competition among the boats. I have only been for one day last year, but had such a good time, I plan on being there Thursday thru Sunday. I'm sure there are things I forgot. Others that have been to more than one day could probably add more.

Bryan
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Wolfeg

Postby Wolfeg » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:43 am

This sounds great!! I'll try to come! Any recommendations on where to stay?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:49 am

Wolfeg

Hales Bar has floating cabin, land cabins, and RV park. Activities are at the floating cabins. There are camp grounds near by. Hotels a couple of I24 exits away.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2016”