Considering making the trip to G10

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Jklein

Considering making the trip to G10

Postby Jklein » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:11 pm

I have never been to one of these but am considering going, It's about a 5-1/2 hrs drive. Are there normally many in attendance? Can I expect to be able to look at the boats up close and talk to the builders? Are there motels and restaurants in the area?
Jeff

kens

Re: Considering making the trip to G10

Postby kens » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:19 pm

Yes, and yes.
That's what it is all about.
I been getting motel up the interstate about 10minutes, at the WalMart exit, I think it is Kimball, Tn.
People start pulling out Sunday morning.
Fri & Sat is all about boats, and boat talk, and boat rides.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Hi Jeff, Expect about 60-70 people and around 30 boats this year.

Many arrive on thurs. Friday most will be on a long lunch cruise for lunch and be gone from 10-3 but there should be seats available if you want to ride along. A few others will stay back and enjoy some relaxing on the docks and rides around the local area.

The rest of the time is spent sharing food, stories, experiences and rides in the boats. If you see a boat youd like a ride in just ask its owner, they will likely be happy to have an excuse to go out and talk about their boat. You can find photo albums of past Gatherings on the homepage of the glen-l website.

I drive about 6 hours and many drive 14 hours or more. So your drive is average. Come, you'll be glad you did.

Lodging at Hales Bar Marina is nearly full so youll have to call them to see whats still available. There are several hotel chains within 15-20 minutes drive and campgrounds at the marina and nearby.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:40 pm

Jeff

For the most part, We have food and beverage. Plan to come.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2016”