I'm crying.... SOOOO SAD!

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Dave Grason

I'm crying.... SOOOO SAD!

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:07 pm

I just didn't want to go home.... :cry:

Sunday is always the worst day.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

chugalug

Re: I'm crying.... SOOOO SAD!

Postby chugalug » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:47 am

:cry: At least you got to go.I'm stuck up here in no-mans land.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:49 am

Farewell is such sweet sorrow. :lol:

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:33 pm

Well Chug, I'm sorry you missed it. If you ever get the chance to attend, you'll quickly see why those who can do it, will show up on Wednesday evening. This is what I'm aiming for at G-11. You need a couple of days to unwind and, hopefully, you're relaxed a little more by Friday when the River Run is held. Then by Saturday, you're completely laid back and having a really good time.

Yes, this year, i would not have wanted to miss it for anything. But even so, I was rushed to get here. I had to get so much done before I could even leave. I wanted to come down around the middle of Thursday but I didn't even get to leave until late Thursday night/Friday morning. That threw my rhythm off and, even though I was having a good time, I had the killer of all headaches by Friday evening. It was such a migraine that my head was still sore the next morning.

Then Saturday night, my atrial fibrillation kept me awake all night. My heart was pounding right out of my chest like I'd been doing cocaine or something. And when my heart is racing like that, my edema shows up with my feet swelling up to about twice their normal size. Of course, that makes them hurt real bad. Fluids start pooling in some areas because my heart isn't pumping correctly and therefore, my system is not circulating correctly. I had blood pooling in my lungs and I couldn't breath. WOW, it scared me to death.

At home, I use an oxygen concentrate machine to help me breath. Between that and my meds, I can get it under control. So, next year, I'm bringing the oxygen machine. I don't ever want to go through that again.

But it was worth it to see everyone and all the boats.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Return to “Gathering 2016”