Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

And another GREAT time with the Glen-L boatbuilders is in the record books!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Feb 14, 2017 4:16 pm

Not a small part of the Gathering is what people bring of themselves. Their cooking of coarse. Several people bring their music, Voices?, Instruments, homemade wine or beer, or just their chip in & help attitude.

We just had a chance to sample some different Meads. I was shocked just how good it can be. I plan to start a batch in the morning. If it works out, I'll bring some to the Gathering!

Maybe some Grog for the pirates.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Re: Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

Postby kens » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:48 am

The G (september) is a good time for almost any kind of homemade wine or mead.
That time is good for the summer harvest of fresh fruits, grapes, squeezings or whatever will ferment!!
I have made excellent wine from pears, blueberries, grapes, cherries, and even a fruit smoothie.
The wine table always seems to gather much attention, maybe we could have a wine tasting (homemade) sort of event.
I bet the pirates would be all over fermenting something !!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:12 am

Ken

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:03 am

I have several different Meads made. I've got Ginger, Raspberry, Citrus, Bananas Foster, and Cherries Jubilee.

Bill
Attachments
101_3528.JPG
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Thu Jun 01, 2017 3:58 pm

Strawberries were in season, so I tried a strawberry wine, few weeks ago.
Blueberries come in very soon !!!!!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:43 am

Just for information: I always have a battery jumper box and a 12v compressor if needed.

I just bought a new camera drone, a DJI Phantom 3 Advanced. It has GPS and you can see the camera view at the controller. It has a smart battery that automatically goes back to start when it gets low. It will circle a location or follow the controller. I have lots to learn. But, I hope to bring it this year.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:12 am

Bill, You're always a pretty popular guy at the Gatherings, but the drone will make you really popular. The drone footage of a boat underway provides the very best angle for filming a boat. I would gladly pay someone to film my boat underway with their drone. How much beer do you want?

specialk

Postby specialk » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:23 am

I am total with Tim...
Bill will have cold beer on hand...with a quart jar of whitedog ...for a little air time ...!
And we are arriving on September 9...just in case you get there early...
Kelly...1st Boat...Flats Flyer
2nd Boat.....?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:54 am

Jeff & Kelly

I don't have it yet. This one is at least 2 generations old. Top speed is about 25 mph. Battery life is about 20 min. I don't know if I'll be that good with it by then. Those power lines may be a problem.

But, I'll bet we can get access to the top of the powerhouse to get running footage. I agree, it is really good to get some good footage of the boats running. It's the only way to see the boat trim and how it really is running! It also makes for great online footage.

I wish I could do the kind of recording the guy had on here the other day! He's a pro though.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:53 pm

I have this drone now. It has a range of about 3 miles/5km before it has to go home. It has a mode that it will orbit a target. The one that is really cool is it has a follow me mode. It would follow a boat then go home by itself. The video is pretty good and the camera mode is 12MP. This thing has more stuff than I'll ever figure out. Hope I learn enough to make good use at the Gathering. The short coming may be the battery life on my smart phone.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:53 pm

Bill,

We have 2 of these.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerCore-Qualco ... 11f016475e

I go through 3 and sometimes 4 battery recharges a day on my smartphone while I'm at work because I'm always on it. This recharger is a quick charge and I get 5 to 6 recharges on one charge of the recharger.

This is a great option on the boat too for sure. We used them a lot in Branson last week as our phones wee roaming and depleting battery life. You will be amazed how fast they will recharge your phone.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:51 am

Psycho

Thanks. I'll look into one of those. It's not too big of a deal with the copter. Just push the home button and it will go home and land itself.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2017”