Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

Time to start planning another GREAT time together with Glen-L boats and Glen-L boat builders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:43 am

Every year we have other things that you get just for coming. We get kozzies each year. Food is by volunteers, if you can contribute, great. Boat rides just ask. everyone is ready, willing and mostly able! No cover charge for music! (Well, you may have to chip in your voice.)

You get free advice, free ideas, and if you have boat problems free help. OH! And some free BEER!

There is another thing that you get FREE! Friends! Butch & Paula Barto came here to celebrate Lauren's B'day! Others may come help flip your boat. This is more than a boat show. That is why I insist on calling it the Gathering!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BillJ

Re: Other Things We Bring to the Gathering

Postby BillJ » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:41 pm

Wow, sounding better and better. I assume someone will take charge and as the time gets closer and organize who's bringing what and when. May have to figure out a way to sneak off of work a day earlier so I can make Thursday the 13th as well. Hurry up September!!!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:17 pm

BillJ

We'll start talking food soon! I know Thursday night Craig probably will bring in spaghetti at Land Cabin 7. I usually do something on Fri. night with others. We'll do that soon. We have 6 meals to cover. It's not a small thing to put together. But, many hands make small work.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:52 am

Lauren's hobby is making bead jewelry. She will bring some of it. If you want something, all profit goes to the Gathering kitty. She just wants to support her habit.

I've made some more mead this year. I'll put out some for you to try. I'll have some extra. Same deal, profit goes to the kitty.

In the past, many of us have brought unused stuff to donate. I can put a catalog out so you can see what something cost. Just put what it is worth to you in the kitty.

The kitty goes to koozies, beer, drinks, ice, the hot dogs, the awards...

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:42 am

We have new Koozies! They came in today! They will be out for the taking in front of Floating Cabin #2.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:46 pm

Speaking of coozies, South Bay Marina handed these out at our Green Bay show. They're little coozie life jackets. Damn cute but a little awkward.

Roberta :D
Attachments
20180823_154017.jpg
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Reynolty

Postby Reynolty » Fri Sep 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Is anyone bringing skis? Ever since launch day I have wanted to ski behind the squirt

riplash

Postby riplash » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:02 pm

Is anyone bringing skis? Ever since launch day I have wanted to ski behind the squirt

If we make it, I will bring a pair of combo skis, and a large slalom ski, ski rope, and life vests.... I am trying like hell to try to make it, but depending on things we may or may not make it. There is a chance Florence will make us evacuate, in which we will evacuate to the gathering. However if the storm veers north, Marta will have to work, and I will probably try to pick up some side work. I really hope we get to go, even if it is just for Saturday.

-Ryan
Ryan and Marta
Catalina Express Variant.

Reynolty

Postby Reynolty » Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:36 am

Yeah been watching that one pretty close as well. Fled savannah for lake norman because of irma last year before she turned course. Took the squirt and it ended up being one of the the best vacations we've ever had! I hope it works out for you all either way

Return to “Gathering 2018”