Food

Time to start planning another GREAT time together with Glen-L boats and Glen-L boat builders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Food

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:23 am

I guess it's about time to talk about this. I'm to decide what I'll do.

So far:

Thursday Night: Craig and Neel, Spaghetti Land Cabin 7 on the hill. Great time to meet people!

Friday Morning: Kelli and Tyler, pancakes and fresh fruit/berries
Friday Lunch: Trip to Chattanooga, Big River Grill. Normally passengers buy the Captains lunch.
Friday Night: I, Bill, will do something. Roberta and Rich: Italian sausage in Marinara Sauce (These are really good.) Ken & Flor: Low Country Boil(Maybe) I may move to Saturday. But, we will need help at meals. I think we'll have about 60 people.

Saturday Morning: BillJ, TBD
Saturday Lunch: Maybe hotdogs from the kitty.
Saturday Night: Jeff Cobb

Sunday Morning: ?

I've done Brunswick Stew, Chili, Seafood Chowder, Cincinnati Chili, Sausage and Peppers, and Red Beans and Rice. I thought about a Crawfish Boil. But, they'll be out of season.

Butch Barto and I usually make sure there is coffee on the dock Sat. & Sun. Probably Fri. too.

The regulars know how this work. You'll catch on. Please be prepared to jump in. The year we did Sausage and Peppers, the smell set off a stamped. Lauren could not keep up with the peppers and onions. A go Samaritan grabbed a hot plate and skillet and helped.

Hales Bar has gas grills we can use. They have a big floating patio that we can use, by the ship's store.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Re: Food

Postby neel thompson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:01 am

Thursday night for sure at Land Cabin #7. Spaghetti Dinner for everyone... Craig may cook this year so eat at your own risk..... Show up anytime

BillJ

Postby BillJ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:27 am

Bill,

I'd love to do Saturday morning or night. Checking now to see if I can bring a crew member to help, would that be a problem with you?

BillJ

BillJ

Postby BillJ » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:29 am

neel thompson wrote:Thursday night for sure at Land Cabin #7. Spaghetti Dinner for everyone... Craig may cook this year so eat at your own risk..... Show up anytime

Neel,

At this time I am not scheduled to arrive till Friday but if I can arrive early, I'll definitely be pawing at the door.

BillJ

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:17 am

BillJ

On Thursday and Friday, we try to have food that we can serve for long periods. This is allows for people coming in at different times. On Saturday, it comes on pretty quick. You won't go hungry.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Postby Roberta » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:00 pm

Bill,

Count me in for about 36 Italian sausages in Marinara sauce in my slow cookers and buns. Will also bring a couple cases of water. Prefer to serve these on Friday night since we have limited space in the refrig on the floater.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:09 pm

Roberta

You're with me on Friday night! I just don't end up with a lot of time to cook on Saturday.

BillJ

Just let us know what you can do.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:01 pm

What about Low Country boil Fri. night??
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:08 pm

Ken

I'm certainly good with a Low Country Boil. I may move to Saturday. But, that makes me really look at prep-time. Thanks!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BillJ

Postby BillJ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:43 am

Bill

I can do anything from bringing my 28" Blackstone to make pancakes and sausage on to bringing cases of beer and or gallons of tea. Whatever you need even if it's last minute.

BillJ

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:14 am

BillJ

If you want to do a breakfast, you're first so it's your pick. Starter beer is always welcome. Tony makes sure the ship's store is well stocked for us.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Reynolty

Postby Reynolty » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:35 am

Kelli and I will cover breakfast Friday morning- pancakes and fresh fruit/berries

BillJ

Postby BillJ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:43 am

I'll follow up with Saturday morning then. Either eggs, grits, and sausage or Pancakes. Yall like cheese grits? :D

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 am

I brought beer last time. I ended up with a lot of donations by Sunday morning. It took me a long time to dispose of the leftovers.

BillJ

Postby BillJ » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:35 am

Speaking of fruit, look what my thoughtful secretary just brought to my desk! :D
Attachments
Fruit.jpg

Return to “Gathering 2018”