Food

What a GREAT time was had by all who attended! Note that this forum will be archived under "Past Gatherings" soon....

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

BillJ

Re: Food

Post by BillJ » Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:11 am

Bill,

Looks to me, all the regulars have done this often enough maybe by next year, you'll only have to ask if they are able to make the trip or not.

BillJ

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:04 am

Sounds good Bill

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:59 pm

BillJ

This group is amazing! The first 2 or 3 years were difficult. Then people started settling in. New blood is always welcome. Things happen in life, and death, that change peoples plans. This food plan will change right up till we eat. Thanks for chipping in. This thing is all volunteer. Glen-L is our friend. But, not sponsors. Everything that happens is each of our responsibility. And, with that disclaimer, on with the show.

The number right now is in the mid 60's. Some people will come and some will go. We're around 20 boats. This is a good group. We still need some more help with food. Those who are doing food can't be expected to feed 60 people. But, we have 2 1/2 months.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BillJ

Post by BillJ » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:27 am

Bill,

That flat surface grill top I have is perfect for charing up dozens of dogs at a time. After breakfast is over, I'll knock off some of the heavy off the grill top, stick it in the floater and be ready to grill up those dogs. No problem. I'll be alone with no boat and plenty of time on my hands.

Billj

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:20 am

Bill

Thanks. I'll get the 'dogs, buns and trimmings out of the kitty (That doesn't sound right.). This is a low effort lunch. Everyone cooks their own. and people can do it when the want.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Cooking your own hot dogs for lunch Saturday
worked out good after everyone figured out they they weren't at a Braves game and had to cook their own hot dog

Two J's

Post by Two J's » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am

Bill
I Plan on cooking Waffles in the am again this year. I took over when Bob Brandenstein was not able to come last year. This year he will be back and cooking so I think we can count on having plenty of waffles

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:30 am

Love the waffles.

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:33 am

Lisa and I were brain storming for something to bring. I suggested some pork barbecue in her instapot, but she didn't want to put her's up against all you southern people. We decided that we will buy beer or plates and napkins or anything else that is needed.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:02 pm

Bryan

I'm very versatile on BBQ! I have only come across one that I don't like, Sweat's BBQ in Vidalia GA. It is saturated in vinegar with a pinch of pepper. Last year, Bob Maskel and Vicky, brought some from Minnesota. Very good! I need to inventory the plate, etc. situation. we have a bunch.

I'll upgrade the list in a little while. What if we do your BBQ Sat. lunch next to the hotdogs?

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm

So far:

Thursday Night: Craig and Neel, Spaghetti Land Cabin 7 on the hill. Great time to meet people!

Friday Morning: Kelli and Tyler, pancakes and fresh fruit/berries. Capt. Dave & Melissa, bacon and eggs.
Friday Lunch: Trip to Chattanooga, Big River Grill. Normally passengers buy the Captains lunch.
Friday Night: I, Bill, will do something. Roberta and Rich: Italian sausage in Marinara Sauce (These are really good.) Ken & Flor: Low Country Boil(Maybe) I may move to Saturday. But, we will need help at meals. I think we'll have about 60 people.

Saturday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …
Saturday Lunch: Maybe hotdogs from the kitty and Bob Maskel & Vicky's BBQ.
Saturday Night: Jeff & Melanie Cobb, something Louisiana. Bill and Lauren's Cincinnati Chili. Capt. Dave and Melissa, Meatballs.

Sunday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …

Butch Barto and I usually make sure there is coffee on the dock Sat. & Sun. Probably Fri. too.

The regulars know how this work. You'll catch on. Please be prepared to jump in. The year we did Sausage and Peppers, the smell set off a stamped. Lauren could not keep up with the peppers and onions. A good Samaritan grabbed a hot plate and skillet and helped.

Hales Bar has gas grills we can use. They have a big floating patio that we can use, by the ship's store.

KenS has asked if we want to do a keg?

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:40 pm

I'll run it by Lisa. Should be okay.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

BillJ

Post by BillJ » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:36 pm

Bill,

I'm still good with doing eggs, sausage, and grits.

Also good with Sat and Sunday.

BillJ

Bob Maskel

Post by Bob Maskel » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:46 am

Hi, sorry I'm late getting into this. Vicky and I will bring either pulled pork or shredded beef barbecue like we did last year for Saturday lunch. Somebody can still do the hot dogs and other BBQ as we ran out of the stuff we brought last year. Folks seem to munch all afternoon if something's available.
Bob
Sea Knight on the water/Malahini in progress

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:20 am

Bob,

Gotcha! Thanks.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2018”