Food

What a GREAT time was had by all who attended! Note that this forum will be archived under "Past Gatherings" soon....

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

hoodman

Re: Food

Post by hoodman » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:56 am

That looks great Bill. Just remember, everything you bring has to be rolled across about 200 feet of dock. But I'll give you a hand if I'm available.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:32 pm

We'll get it there and back!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:39 pm

Matt

Cookies would be good to have Sat. afternoon. I need to find out if Tony has a freezer. If he does, I'll get a couple of gallons of Ice crème. I have a Banana Foster and a Cherries Jubilee mead. Some banana chips with cinnamon and some Bing Cherries with juice. That's some good stuff! A cookie would go good too.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BarnacleMike

Post by BarnacleMike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:49 pm

hoodman wrote:That looks great Bill. Just remember, everything you bring has to be rolled across about 200 feet of dock. But I'll give you a hand if I'm available.
I'll just add to that, for folks who haven't been there before, that due to the geography of the location, cell phone service is almost non-existent at the marina. It's also in the Central Time Zone (barely). Just FYI...

ALSO... The boat ramp is about a mile down the road from the actual marina. A minor logistical quirk. You'll find no shortage of people willing to ferry you on land or water. It's walkable, too.
-Michael

"How long does it take to build a boat? Until it's finished" — yours truly

Blog (Utility & Zip): http://barnaclemikeboats.blogspot.com/
Website of Boat Photos: https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com

BillJ

Post by BillJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:10 pm

Wouldn't that be heavenly if there was no cell phone reception!!!! I love having that excuse especially since I'm suppose to be working those days.

BillJ

Post by BillJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:12 pm

hoodman wrote:That looks great Bill. Just remember, everything you bring has to be rolled across about 200 feet of dock. But I'll give you a hand if I'm available.
Thanks Matt,

Getting it set up isn't bad, that part I have excessive energy for. Packing up to go home I hate.

BillJ

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:50 am

One tip is to pack what you can in your boat. You can then bring it to your cabin door!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

briand

Post by briand » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:11 am

Bill, I have a 37qt ARB fridge/freezer that can be used if needed. Even if I can't make it to this one, I could make a trip to B'ham and drop if off with you.

Bill J. There was barely any cell reception when I went there a couple years ago. Have an old verizon phone that can normally pick up where any of my friends' phones can't, and it was barely getting SMS. I wouldn't count on having service.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:53 am

We're in floating cabin #2. We use Verizon. On the back porch I get enough signal to set-up a hotspot. If you want to try put your phone in a baggy and see what you can get.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:30 am

I guess it's time to get serious! This is how I have it right now. If your plans have changed. Please let us know. I'm sure, weather permitting, we can use the floating patio at least on Saturday night. Maybe on Friday night. Hales Bar has grills we can use.

We can always fit in more help.

Thursday Night: Craig and Neel, Spaghetti Land Cabin 7 on the hill. Great time to meet people!

Friday Morning: Kelli and Tyler, pancakes and fresh fruit/berries. Capt. Dave & Melissa, bacon and eggs.
Friday Lunch: Trip to Chattanooga, Big River Grill. Normally passengers buy the Captains lunch.
Friday Night: Roberta and Rich: Italian sausage in Marinara Sauce (These are really good.) Ken & Flor: Low Country Boil(Maybe) But, we will need help at meals. I think we'll have about 60 people.

Saturday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …
Saturday Lunch: Maybe hotdogs from the kitty and Bob Maskel & Vicky's Beef BBQ. and DrBryan and Lisa's Pork BBQ. (Probably on the dock.)
Saturday Night: Jeff & Melanie Cobb, something Louisiana. Bill and Lauren's Cincinnati Chili served over spaghetti . Capt. Dave and Melissa, Meatballs.

Sunday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …

Butch Barto and I usually make sure there is coffee on the dock Sat. & Sun. Probably Fri. too.

The regulars know how this work. You'll catch on. Please be prepared to jump in. The year we did Sausage and Peppers, the smell set off a stamped. Lauren could not keep up with the peppers and onions. A good Samaritan grabbed a hot plate and skillet and helped.

Hales Bar has gas grills we can use. They have a big floating patio that we can use, by the ship's store.

KenS has asked if we want to do a keg? No response from others. So, I guess not.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:57 pm

A keg ? I think Bill had a good point a couple months ago . I say let's get beer from the ship store. He always has my brand Mic Ultra as well as other popular brands cold in the cooler. Couple years ago we had some unusual brands of beer that were left over guess not everyone liked it. I think they were some local brews. We'll need some Nati lites for sure for our President

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:11 pm

Bill: Lisa and I are doing pork bbq for lunch Sat, and Bob and Vicky are doing beef
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:41 pm

Bryan

Thanks.
Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:41 am

I would like to remind everyone that on Thursday evening Craig and I will be doing our "Spaghetti Dinner". Last year we about maxed out our cabin capacity with 35 people or so, and this year it looks like it could be more than 50. So we may be having it on the floating deck next to the Ship's Store. We will have plenty to munch on and tons of spaghetti. We will have some cold beer and bottled water and will make sure we have ice and cups. If you would like other than beer, please BYO. Everyone is invited. All Take Care,,, Neel

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:32 am

Great idea having it on the deck. I felt sorry for you having to deal with the crowd and mess after being so generous with the delicious meal. Should people bring chairs?

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “Gathering 2018”