Food

What a GREAT time was had by all who attended! Note that this forum will be archived under "Past Gatherings" soon....

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

neel thompson

Re: Food

Post by neel thompson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:03 am

Chairs are a good idea Roberta..... We should be able to get chairs from Tony, but just in case. We should be able to get some extra tables also.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:55 am

I guess it's time to get serious! This is how I have it right now. If your plans have changed. Please let us know. I'm sure, weather permitting, we can use the floating patio at least on Saturday night. Maybe on Friday night. Hales Bar has grills we can use.

We can always fit in more help.

Thursday Night: Craig and Neel, Probably the floating patio by the ships store. Great time to meet people!

Friday Morning: Kelli and Tyler, pancakes and fresh fruit/berries. Capt. Dave & Melissa, bacon and eggs.
Friday Lunch: Trip to Chattanooga, Big River Grill. Normally passengers buy the Captains lunch.
Friday Night: Roberta and Rich: Italian sausage in Marinara Sauce (These are really good.) Ken & Flor: Low Country Boil(Maybe) But, we will need help at meals. I think we'll have about 60 people.

Saturday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …
Saturday Lunch: Maybe hotdogs from the kitty and Bob Maskel & Vicky's Beef BBQ. and DrBryan and Lisa's Pork BBQ. (Probably on the dock.)
Saturday Night: Jeff & Melanie Cobb, something Louisiana. Bill and Lauren's Cincinnati Chili served over spaghetti . Capt. Dave and Melissa, Meatballs.

Sunday Morning: BillJ, and Bob Brandenstein, waffles and sausage and eggs …

Butch Barto and I usually make sure there is coffee on the dock Sat. & Sun. Probably Fri. too.

The regulars know how this work. You'll catch on. Please be prepared to jump in. The year we did Sausage and Peppers, the smell set off a stamped. Lauren could not keep up with the peppers and onions. A good Samaritan grabbed a hot plate and skillet and helped.

Hales Bar has gas grills we can use. They have a big floating patio that we can use, by the ship's store.

KenS has asked if we want to do a keg? No response from others. So, I guess not.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:02 pm

Is there a gas burner propane tank available to use for low country boil?
Bringing the boil pot an fixins is easy, but a 20lb bottle gets crowded in the car.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:08 pm

I talked to Hot Rod and he is bringing a three-burner propane thing with a bottle that we can use.

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:41 pm

We have always had enough food to go around in the past, thanks to those generous and thoughtful enough to join in on the potluck meals. It takes some planning and organizing to put it all together. Bill has been great at keeping track of all the volunteers and keeping the donation kitty for purchasing needed items like paper products and other things.

It looks like we are having a larger than normal number of people attending this year. If you are planning to dine on the potluck meals, please look over the list that Bill has developed and let him know what items you can add that could fill in, if you haven't already. Water, soft drinks, beer, wine, and snacks are easy to bring if you are unable to bring dishes to pass. And donations to the kitty are always welcome.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

kens

Post by kens » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:01 pm

neel thompson wrote:I talked to Hot Rod and he is bringing a three-burner propane thing with a bottle that we can use.
Neel,
thanks, that is cool. I'll bring the boil pot and fixins for low country boil,
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Mr Hot Rod

Post by Mr Hot Rod » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:26 pm

Neel & Ken,

I can park the truck camper next to the barge and provide a triple burner stove and oven.
I also have a triple burner camp stove with a 10 lb propane tank. A spare 20 lb tank is in the camper.
As usual, i can supply some Canadian maple syrup for breakfast, eh ?

Has anyone heard from The Skiiiiii Kiiiiiing ? (I never know if i've used enough i's ... )

Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.kanecustomboats.com
Glen-L Hot Rod build thread
Kane Custom Boats YouTube channel
Glen-L Boat Video Directory

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:46 pm

Thanks everyone. let me look this over and make sure we're cover! But, it's looking good!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

monitor

Post by monitor » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi Bill. Would some sides be good to bring? We can bring baked beans, potato salad, chips, and cokes.
Jim Kinsella

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:14 am

Jim

We have BBQ and hotdogs on line for Saturday lunch. Something to fit around that would be good.

Thanks, Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

monitor

Post by monitor » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:33 pm

We can do it Bill. Thanks.
Jim Kinsella

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:39 pm

Jim

Thanks

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:13 pm

I just bought the local wild caught shrimp for the boil. it going in the freezer.
Does anyone have a regular kitchen style freezer at the G, that can help me babysit the shrimp until Friday?

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:37 pm

Ken

The best shot at a freezer is Neel or contact Tony at the store. Tony probably has one.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:46 pm

BillJ has had to cancel for family reasons. That leaves us a little weak of Sat. and Sun. breakfast. I understand.

I just have coffee in the morning anyway.

I was sick as a dog last night and this morning. It came on fast and left fast. But, I didn't know if I was going to make it. And we have a ton of food on the way.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2018”