Agenda

What a GREAT time was had by all who attended! Note that this forum will be archived under "Past Gatherings" soon....

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Donaldh1

Agenda

Post by Donaldh1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:43 pm

Wife and I want to attend but don't know anything about the agenda. What will be happening and on which days? Thanks.
Don Hatler
20' Barrelback

mrintense

Re: Agenda

Post by mrintense » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:09 am

There a re a few posts in the forum by Bill Edmundsen regrading the the gathering. Contact him to let him know you are planning on attending.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:08 am

Don

We don't have a real "Agenda". It's pretty loose. Generally it goes like this. Thursday night Craig and Neel do spaghetti dinner up on the hill at land cabin #7. This is a great time to meet and greet. Friday breakfast is when those that volunteered get up and do it. Butch Barto and I will see that there is coffee out, first one up plug it in! About 10-10:30, we load up the boats to go to Chattanooga for lunch at Big River Grill. It's a little over an hour run. (Chattanooga is on eastern time, Hales Bar is on central.) We usually have plenty of room in the boats. Food will be out around dinner time.

Saturday: Breakfast, when people get up. We have a very casual lunch. I think we have some crockpot BBQ beef and BBQ pork and some hotdogs. This is pretty much do it yourself. Night dinner is when it comes out.

Sunday: Breakfast is the same deal. Most people are gone by noon.

Saturday the smaller boats go out for a picture run about 1:00 and the larger boats go about 2:00. Rides? Talk to people, anytime! Don't be shy.

Friday and Saturday night there will probably be karaoke. Friday night is probably in floating cabin #11. Saturday night if the weather permits will be on a large floating patio by the store. There is also a good chance of people sharing their music out on the dock.

Sitting around just talking is also highly encouraged!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

Here it is in a nutshell.

Lots of people hanging out with their boats that they built that will gladly give you a ride, answer any questions you might have about their build; and provide opinions, advice, and guidance on any boat you're thinking about building.

Oh, and there's also lots of food, beer, and off-key singing.

vupilot

Post by vupilot » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:59 am

If you were only going to go for one day I would suggest Saturday.

Think of the whole event as a laid back picnic on the dock with boats to ride in and talk about. Bring some folding chairs for the dock, some food to share and come relax.

BillJ

Post by BillJ » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Ahhhhhhh, folding chairs. I haven't heard that mentioned before but oh so necessary.

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:50 pm

It seems like we never have enough folding chairs.

BarnacleMike

Post by BarnacleMike » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:56 pm

Donald,

The Gatherings are in every way more relaxed than an ACBS show, if that's what you're wondering. More relaxed, more welcoming, and honestly... more engaging. That's certainly the case compared to every ACBS event that I have been to. There's far less of a "museum display" feeling and MUCH more "can I ride in your boat?" going on.

As VuPilot said, if you're coming for 1 day then Saturday is your best bet. Most of the boats will be gone half the day on Friday for the lunch run. If you can hitch a ride with someone for the lunch run to Chattanooga then I highly highly HIGHLY recommend doing so. It'll be an unforgettable ride.

Hope to see you there.
-Michael

"How long does it take to build a boat? Until it's finished" — yours truly

Blog (Utility & Zip): http://barnaclemikeboats.blogspot.com/
Website of Boat Photos: https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:01 pm

MUCH more "can I ride in your boat?" going on
Actually, there's probably more, "Hey, do you want to go for a ride in my boat" going on. Don't worry, you won't get left at the dock.

As for the folding chairs, if anyone else has any like I do with the LSU logo on them, please bring them. I only have two and there was constant fighting last year with people wanting to sit in them. :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:49 pm

Mine are Orange and Blue!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Wed Jul 18, 2018 2:11 pm

Hmmm. You do know that LSU and Auburn are playing each other on Sept 15th.

I'm going to go ahead and make an early prediction that Auburn wins, but only because we get screwed by the officiating. :lol:

BTW, Aubie is squirmy looking little shit that looks like he needs a worming. This is what a real Tiger looks like.
Mike the Tiger.jpg
Mike the Tiger.jpg (20.53 KiB) Viewed 3370 times

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:57 pm

Don't you just hate being beat by a squirmy little shit!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

psychobilly

Post by psychobilly » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:32 am

LMAO

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:56 pm

I think they hated it worse last year when Troy beat them at their Homecoming. Go Trogons

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:06 pm

What??? The Tigers lost to Troy last year? Don't even remember it, I must of been in my happy place when it happened. :D

Return to “Gathering 2018”