2018 Report

What a GREAT time was had by all who attended! Note that this forum will be archived under "Past Gatherings" soon....

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Gayle Brantuk

Re: 2018 Report

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:43 am

Thanks everyone for the photos and videos. We'll figure out a way to get everything together so it's easily accessible. Matt, your video really shows a majority of the boats and Jeff, very nice job on your compilation video. The drone footage from Tony is awesome! And, of course, the video of the boy band is great--all you need is some choreography and you can take that on the road :D Neel's photos are wonderful as well and all of the comments. Bill, the awards are fun and funny as usual. Thanks to you and Lauren for all you do. What a great turnout!

I didn't see Ray and Vicki and their True Grit in any photos--did they not make it this year?

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:46 am

Gayle

Wish you were there. It would also been great to have had you and John here with Pete and Sara with us last night.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:52 am

We missed you!!

Roberta :(
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:57 pm

They went to Gatlinburg then thru Nashville. Then to the Space and Rocket Museum in Huntsville. They are here for, I think 3 weeks. I think Key West may be in the plans some place!
Wow, they're not spending much time in one place. They might enjoy an American Football game. They'd probably enjoy Disney. There's not a lot to see in Baton Rouge, but If they're coming this way, we'd welcome their visit. I just sent a PM to Peter (jenko).

CaptDave

Post by CaptDave » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:10 pm

We had a great time at G-12 this year. We even had Peter and Sara come halfway around the world to ride in the Aquatron.
SaraAndPeterAquatron2.jpg
Sara and Peter from "Down Under" take a spin in the Aquatron
Monday morning just after sunrise Melissa and I prepared for one last cruise before we packed up to return to Columbus.
The Hales Bar Dock was extremely quiet compared to the bustling activity just a couple days before.
Sunday Aquatron.jpg
Getting the Aquatron ready for one last cruise
Sunday Dock.jpg
All Quiet on the Hales Bar Dock
So Long Until next year!
Capt. Dave
Builder of the Amp Eater Aquatron

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:24 am

Nice videos folks, looks like a lot of wood showed up this year. Luckily you were able to have decent weather and of course a lot of food as the storm blew thru our region.. :) Did True Grit not make it this year?

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:32 am

Mike

Ray has engine problem. Mechanic has had it for over six weeks. No excuse..

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

billy c

Post by billy c » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Mike

Bill
Wow :shock: that puts a damper on a season. Time to find a new marine dealership.
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:51 am

That's terrible. Missed seeing him.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Oyster

Post by Oyster » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:57 am

Bill Edmundson wrote:Mike

Bill
Just a quick side note,,, I don't know if it was the mechanic's fault or a combination of the factory or possibly the factory providing parts, if his engine is out of warranty. I had a problem with a new 60 Honda with less than 70 hours on it. A true nightmare took place and I ended up having to upgrade to a 100 just to get done with the engine. NO refund, replacement or any interest from Honda directly. The dealer got stuck with the 60 after going far and beyond their obligation.. Then I sold the 100 and no longer use any Hondas. Honda factory was zero helpful for my local dealer. I hope he gets his engine back up and running. His season is much shorter than ours, making the loss of any days really tough. Anyway glad you guys had another successful get together.

By the way are you going to the Madisonville show in two weeks?

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:27 am

Honda 90

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Tue Oct 02, 2018 4:35 pm

Mike

We won't be at Madisonville. we're going to the Gallopades Islands and Machu Picchu. Butch and Paula Barto, and Jeff and Melanie Cobb will probably be there.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BarnacleMike

Post by BarnacleMike » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:18 am

With the confluence of Sofia's volleyball schedule and my unexpected work trip, I didn't get to spend as much time at G12 as I had hoped. Ironically, if not for Hurricane Florence, I wouldn't have gotten to attend G12 at all. I'm thankful that Dylan and I got to attend the spaghetti dinner this time around. (Dylan has since been trying to mimic Neel's spaghetti sauce — and doing a darn good job of it!) The food was excellent, and it was great to see everyone there & at Big River on Friday. And, I was happy that the t-shirt design seemed to go over well this year!

Hopefully, I'll get to spend more time at the marina for G13. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and for what it's worth, Sofia's team just finished up a superb 15-1 season!
-Michael

Built Utility "Perseverance" — completed Aug 2016
Currently building a Zip
My Boatbuilding Blog: http://barnaclemikeboats.blogspot.com/
My Website of Boat Photos: https://michaelsmaddox.wordpress.com

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Wed Oct 03, 2018 2:01 pm

Congratulations Sofia!

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:44 am

Mike, the t-shirt design is killer. Sorry we didn't get to talk more. Hope to see you next time!
BarnacleMike wrote:With the confluence of Sofia's volleyball schedule and my unexpected work trip, I didn't get to spend as much time at G12 as I had hoped. Ironically, if not for Hurricane Florence, I wouldn't have gotten to attend G12 at all. I'm thankful that Dylan and I got to attend the spaghetti dinner this time around. (Dylan has since been trying to mimic Neel's spaghetti sauce — and doing a darn good job of it!) The food was excellent, and it was great to see everyone there & at Big River on Friday. And, I was happy that the t-shirt design seemed to go over well this year!

Hopefully, I'll get to spend more time at the marina for G13. I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and for what it's worth, Sofia's team just finished up a superb 15-1 season!
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Return to “Gathering 2018”