Count Down

Time to start planning another GREAT time together with Glen-L boats and Glen-L boat builders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Roberta

Re: Count Down

Post by Roberta » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:28 am

With the river run, the cabins on the dock, fairly central location for many east of the Mississippi (sorry west coasters), the patio dock that was recently added, a restaurant on site, the marina, and really great Interstate highway access, Hales Bar is a really nice location. We don't need to make any commitments and virtually no site setup like many shows I have been involved with. Yes, there are some shortcomings like the telephone booth showers and small kitchens and cabins, but we aren't there to spend a whole lot of time in them.

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:58 am

AdamNMel

Thanks. That may be an option. Rates look in line. We have both RV and cabin people and pavilions. I think it is new since we looked last. I wonder if we would start getting into conflict with UT Football weekends? There is a lot of boat traffic on those weekends. Not being negative! This may be an option. I guess I'm old and set in my ways. I am good with HB. But, I'm willing to look.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed May 15, 2019 9:53 am

FOUR MONTHS TO GO! :D

I'm trying dear!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Wed May 15, 2019 10:47 am

Four months?? I can't stand it!!!!

Roberta :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Sat Jun 01, 2019 4:47 am

We are looking forward seeing everyone and the boats. We missed boating over the holiday week end . I noticed our raw water pump leaking when we were on the river run with the Bayou Chapter ACBS in Madisonville La. Lucky us leaking around the shaft we were able to run all day with no problems bilge pumps had to work little harder . New pump cane from the manufacture with the wrong mounting plate . I have the it in hand now probobly bolt it on today should take 30 minutes.

Reynolty

Post by Reynolty » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:30 pm

Hi everyone! After countless hours of trying to find ways to make it to the gathering this year, kelli and I decided it is a bridge too far. So far the coast guard is keeping us busy, after moving the family to oregon (and dealing with the whole theft en-route thing), I spent 2 months in mobile and was home for a month and am now in new London, CT for the next 30ish days.

The good news is that new London is only a few miles from mystic, one of the many places I recognize from my hours spent searching for antique and classic wood boat shows. Long story short, if anyone of the glen l crew will be participating in the June mystic seaport boat show, please let me know. Myself and a large group of coasties plan on attending.

Looking forward to seeing you all again at some point when the timing works out, huge bummer this year wont work out for us. I hope the gathering is everything I remember it to be and more!

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Fri Jun 07, 2019 3:50 pm

We had several of us go to Mystic a few years ago. We had Neel, Bergy, Rodger, Mike, Lauren, and I there. It's a great show and place. Enjoy! There is a warehouse of old boats there that you could easily spend hours in there. Sad, but, fascinating.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:15 am

Proud to say that my BIL is an Emeritus Trustee for Mystic Seaport Museum.
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:58 pm

Hi guys, just wanted to give you an update to what’s going on at Hales Bar. I am there almost every weekend now so if you have any questions
I’ll try to get answers for you The new owner is making improvements around the place slowly but steadily. There is WiFi at the floating cabins now and a cleanup is continuing all around. Tony is no longer working there, he has his boat in the marina and plans to be there for the gathering though. Most of the staff is new and friendly. They are looking forward to having us up there. There is talk of moving the restaurant over by the ship store and having outdoor seating on the patio dock. They’re also talking about changing the menu. The marina rates have gone up but they are making improvements that will hopefully justify the increase. They made a big investment by purchasing the marina and it’s understandable they need to see a return. Hopefully everyone will have a great time in September. See you soon
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Roberta

Post by Roberta » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:57 am

Sounds encouraging! See you in September. Is there a song like that? :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Roberta :D :D

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:40 am

Yes, "See you in September" by The Happenings. 1966

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iu-7DXBiVsA
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:35 pm

Hals Bar is a great place .Over he last few years the campground has gone down hill. Lots of campers living there full time with junky cars and dogs romaming around and junk around their campers. WE are looking forward to improvements and don't mind paying more to stay in a nice place. Cant wait to see yall and your boats again.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:27 am

THREE MONTHS TO GO!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

rbrandenstein

Post by rbrandenstein » Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:19 am

Bill, Neel, et al;

We just booked floating cabin #8. Looking forward to seeing you all there, having spaghetti on Thursday night, and having a few beers.

We will be taking our Malahini on the river run and have room for two ( or three if needed).

I spoke with Hanna and she said there are still 5 one bedroom and 1 three bedroom floating cabins available.

Return to “Gathering 2019”