G-15 Alternative Location

Here we go again! Time to start planning on attending another Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!
September 17-20, 2020

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

G-15 Alternative Location

Post by Bill Edmundson » Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:37 pm

This comes up ever year or two. The first fact is that someone is going to be unhappy. It's just the way it is. Hales Bar got a new owner last year and did some good things. A few things were worse.

It has been brought up that we look for alternate locations for G-15. We decided to give Hales Bar another year for G-14 to see how much more work they get done.

If you have a possible location to suggest, we're open. You need to go check it out and give everyone a report. I'll make a list of things that are part of the considerations. This is your Gathering. I don't have the time or desire to travel/inspect/evaluate half of the country. This is all volunteer. None us are Glen-L employees.

Things to consider:
1. Location and Accessibility (Includes where are people located and what is the drive like to get there.)
2.Price (We've had some nice places suggested. Nice, out of my range.)
3.Dockage and Ramps
4.Access to the Boats
5.Maybe a Group Friday River Run (This has become a high port of the Gathering. Don't forget locks take a lot of time.)
6.Lodging Option (Cabins/Hotel/RV Park/Camping)
7.Stores (Food/Drink/Repair Supplies...)
8.Food Option (Is there a place to fix food and gather?)
9.Possible Medical Emergencies. (We haven't had any yet. But, it's good to know that there is some place near.)

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Gathering 2020”