G-14 Dates and Location

Here we go again! Time to start planning on attending another Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!
September 17-20, 2020

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Roberta

Re: G-14 Dates and Location

Post by Roberta »

That's interesting. Hope it returns.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

It is moored by the restaurant

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Will they be bringing it back? Not very handy by the restaurant.

Roberta :?

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

I am, and have been trying to contact HB to get an update on improvements so far. I have left a second msg and hope to hear back from them today. I will check to see what the plan is for the "Party Deck" and restaurant. I also want to find out their current procedures for reserving cabins and the cancellation policy. I will update everyone on this thread. Neel

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Neel

Thanks. With 6 months to go, I've been meaning to follow up on this. We were planning to cruise to Italy the end of this month. That has had my attention. That is canceled. On with life.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

I finally got in touch with Karen at HB for an update. Yes, the floating party patio has been moved to the restaurant where it will remain. The restaurant has been leased again and should be open when we arrive. She said we will still be able to use the floating patio if we want, but it will be at the restaurant and not by the store. They have completely renovated most of the floating cabins and they will all be completed prior to our arrival. They have not started on the land cabins and she was not sure when and if they would be started/completed prior to our arrival. Here is the part that had most of us a little upset--- The policy for reserving a cabin has not changed since September. They will ask for one night's rent to hold the cabin for a week or the weekend. If the reservation is cancelled at least 4 weeks ahead, you will get a full reimbursement, at least 3 weeks you will get 1/2 back, and less than 3 weeks you will get back zero. If a cancelation is due to weather or something like that, you can use your deposit for a future visit, even if it is for the following Gathering. They are working on discounted prices for us and they are holding all floaters for us for 9/17 to 9/20. I will post the prices as soon as she gives them to me. Please reserve your cabin as soon as you are sure you will be attending as it really helps Bill and it helps me figure out how much spaghetti to have Craig cook !! ….. Should be another fun weekend in TN... Looking forward to it.... All take care,,, Neel

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Thanks Neel,
Matt

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Six Months to go! Neel is still trying to work out pricing. Nobody knows where this virus is going :( :? . Right now everything is on!

Keep building! :)

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

FINALLY.... I talked to Hannah at Hales Bar this morning and they have decided to give our group a 10% discount on the nightly rates for Floating and Land cabins. So our nightly rates for the floaters are as follows: 1 br floater Sun - Thursday 111.60, Fr and Sat 134.10, cleaning fee 29; 2 br floater Sun-Thursday 156.60, Fr and Sat 179.10, cleaning fee 39; 3 br floater Sun- Thursday 225.00, Fr and Sat 247.50, cleaning 49; 3 br Land Cabin Sun - Thur 192.60,Fri and Sat 215.10, cleaning 49..... additionally there is a 10% tax.

I hope this helps, and I do plan on checking in with HB occasionally to get updates on improvements.

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 »

The cabins are looking good after the renovations. New beds and this week they replaced the red couches. New paint inside and nice decor. I think y'all will be pleased. If anyone has question about the marina email me at byybrc24@yahoo.com. I'm here almost every weekend aboard my boat and l may be able to get answers for you
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Thanks Keith!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Good to know. Now maybe I can get Lisa to go again.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

FIVE MONTHS TO GO!

I hope we're all out of timeout by then! :? :shock:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

AdamNMel

Post by AdamNMel »

We have decided we are not coming this year regardless of the improvements, not even staying somewhere else, this whole virus deal is only going to get worse as the summer wears on. Mel no longer has cancer but with her weakened immune system it puts her at risk and I’m not willing to risk her life just to got boating with you friends.

Stay safe y’all!

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Stay safe my friends. Better to miss you this year than to risk never seeing you again. You will be missed.

Roberta :(

Return to “Gathering 2020”