G-14 Dates and Location

Another Wonderful Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders is in the History Books.
Read all about it here!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Baron

Re: G-14 Dates and Location

Post by Baron »

I'm in the process of filling my calendar for 2020 and would like to work the gathering into the works. I'm trying to quantify and qualify events so as to pick the ones with the most pizazz. I need to know how big this event is and how many boats will be there. There is no doubt that I would like being in the company of wooden boat builders but will there be three, three dozen or three hundred builders there. It's a long trip from Philly but it sounds great so far.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Baron

We usually have 15-20 boats and 50 people. We have had 35 boats and almost 100 people. It's a wide range of boats.

Try to be there Friday morning for the run to Chattanooga for lunch. It's lots of fun. There are always plenty of boat seats. It's about 35 miles each way.

Neel and Craig drive down from eastern PA.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Baron

Post by Baron »

Bill That sounds fun. I have it on the calendar and hope it is not going to get bumped by work or other. What are the costs involved. Keep me in mind for further info.
While I may be happy to ride down with some of my fellow builders I do plan on making it a date with My sweetie and any others in my family that we can lasso along for the drive. I finally got to the point where I'm happy to let others drive........

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Baron, Costs are usually accommodations. We usually use all the floating cabins, some of the land cabins. Some stay in RV area. Some in local motels and some in local camp grounds. Look at Hales Bar Marine for cabin rental. Usually have to tell them you are with Glen-L Gathering or they will tell you none are available. Other costs are lunch on Friday. Most meals are provided by attendees. Neel Thompson and his friend Craig do a spaghetti dinner on Thursday night. Always looking for volunteers to provide breakfasts, lunches and dinners Friday, Saturday. Last year Matt and his wife Heather did a great taco bar on Saturday. Sunday you're on your own. Contributions to the kitty are always welcome which pays for other incidentals. If I'm missing anything Bill, please chime in.

I usually drive down from northern NJ, but I have 3 weddings in September, so I think I'm out for this year.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Bryan

Good coverage. You need to adjust your priorities on those weddings!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Baron

Post by Baron »

I'll probably be in a near full car anyway. Sounds like a good group. If I get there I can assist with breakfast as I do cook well. Its a nice area.... Inlaws are in Tazwell, TN.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Baron

We'll start talking food a month or so before the Gathering. It's a little early yet. Thanks.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

OK! Folks! SEVEN MONTHS TO GO!

I'll have a boat again this year. I don't know which one yet. I'm hoping to bring the Francis Lauren, Bartender.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

So ya'll been sanding and grinding old paint , what fun! gonna be good to see the Bartender back.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Butch

I've been changing out cabinet hardware need to clean and paint on the Bartender. I also need to re-caulk the decks. I used the wrong stuff. I've done some electrical work and tested the water heater. I'm almost to the point of using the boat again.

I need to do some glass work on the Tahoe. I have ash trim work and glass doesn't adhere well to it.

Mildew on both boats. But, I bought some stuff that is supposed to help.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

How much beer does it take to do a job like that 🍻

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

I hope to make it this year. My son will be having two surgeries and we are not sure yet where those will land on the calendar. I thought the second one was gonna end up in the September time frame but I'm thinking it's gonna be later now.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Butch
It takes what it takes.

Matt
We want to see you this year. But! Whatever is best for the little guy is best for us, too.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thoughts and prayers for the little guy and your family, Matt. God Speed!!

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

My folks are on the way back from Florida and stopped by Hales Bar. Apparently the party patio is gone. Maybe it has been moved temporarily?
Attachments
IMG_3280.jpg
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Return to “Gathering 2020”