Food for Gathering 2020

Another Wonderful Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders is in the History Books.
Read all about it here!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Hercdrvr

Food for Gathering 2020

Post by Hercdrvr »

Shall we start throwing around ideas for meals?
Matt B
gaffrig24

Re: Food for Gathering 2020

Post by gaffrig24 »

A new restaurant just opened down the road. Succotash, its a cajun place that has great food and prices. Its an easy option for a quick lunch. They've been open for a week and I've eaten there 5 times. Po boys are terrific.
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.
Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

I love me some cajun food
Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

still not sure how many will be coming ! Paula was planing to make her pepper beef stuff on rolls for Friday or Saturday evening . I have the smaller coffee ern I will bring with cups,creamer and sugar for the mornings.
kens

Post by kens »

Thank god for Butch' morning coffee !!
Well done
Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Butch has morning coffee covered, thank you.

The group hasn’t made any plans for lunch in Chattanooga on the Friday river run. Heather and I are fine with no set plans, there are so many great choices. Being a smaller group this year, I don’t think we need to prearrange the dinning event.
Thoughts?
Matt B
neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Matt, If you guys do head to Chattanooga for a lunch run, you might want to give Jill at the marina a call. Her # is 423-266-1316. It looks like a small number of boats would go, but she will make sure you have enough dock space. I would call a day or two in advance with your best guess as to how many boats will be making the trip. One of the docks we have tied up to in the past has a combo lock on the gate. Ask her which dock you will be on, and if it's that one, get the combo......If you plan to go to Scotties (where we went last year), they should have plenty of dock space. Their # is 423-269-7487. I think they have tables outside, but not sure. Have a great weekend. Neel
Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

neel thompson wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 3:10 am Matt, If you guys do head to Chattanooga for a lunch run, you might want to give Jill at the marina a call. Her # is 423-266-1316. It looks like a small number of boats would go, but she will make sure you have enough dock space. I would call a day or two in advance with your best guess as to how many boats will be making the trip. One of the docks we have tied up to in the past has a combo lock on the gate. Ask her which dock you will be on, and if it's that one, get the combo......If you plan to go to Scotties (where we went last year), they should have plenty of dock space. Their # is 423-269-7487. I think they have tables outside, but not sure. Have a great weekend. Neel
Great info, thanks Neel,
Matt Biehunko
gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 »

Tables are inside at Scotties. Had lunch there last week and the food was great. Masks are mandatory till you take your seat and they'll take your temperature. Hope we can make this run and keep the tradition alive even though there just a few going.
I have a dock setup for small gatherings near my boat. Its a cool spot with a fridge, patio table and chairs seating for 10+ , music, sail shades lighting and i could bring my small grill over for cooking. I get a lot of cabin renters asking if the bar is open when they walk by. I hate that its going to be a small group this year but i think those who come will build stronger relationships that before. Looking forward to seeing y'all
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.
hoodman

Post by hoodman »

That sounds like a pret sweet setup. Excited to see everyone.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139
Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

Have no fear INNOCENCE will be there. Paula and I are coming along with my Nephew and his Lady , I am sure we will have a good time We will be in The RV park we can hang out up there too.
CaptDave

Post by CaptDave »

Melissa and I will be happy to make Sausage Links and Waffles for Saturday Morning Breakfast and maybe some Orange Juice.
If we have a Friday or Saturday evening dinner/party , we will bring something for that also.
Capt. Dave
Builder of the Amp Eater Aquatron
Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Sounds great, thanks Dave.
Matt Biehunko
vupilot

Post by vupilot »

What can I bring to fill in the holes in the food department? If no suggestions I was thinking I can bring something store bought for dessert and/or maybe a big tupperware of pasta salad or something as a go along with Paula's a dinner. I'm good with trying the new restaurant(s) near the marina as well. Looks like I'll be coming solo again.
hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Do we have any ideas for Thursday evening since Neel's not going to be there to feed us?
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Return to “Gathering 2020”