G15 Dates and Location

Time to Plan for the Next Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!
September 2021 will be here before you know it!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson, kens

kens

G15 Dates and Location

Post by kens »

The Gathering has moved.
G15 now at Bluewaterdayton marina.
https://www.bluewaterdayton.com/
Last weekend of Sept.
23-26 Sept 2021.
Here is the reservation info from my email:

Good morning,
First let me say I am ecstatic that you all chose our Resort to host your boat gathering this year!

So, I am putting a group block under the name of Glen-L Boat Builders so when folks call to book they can say they are with the group and we will be able to book them easily. Everyone will have a chance to book the rooms within the group up until 30 days prior to check in at which point we will release them for the general public to fill. The group will still be able to call, and if we have anything open we will happily let them have it.

Each room is going to have a 15% discount on the reservation. We are also going to be giving one free golf cart but have up to 5 available for anyone that would want to reserve one.

Our cancellation policy for all rooms is if you cancel 7 days prior to the check in date then we will keep a one-night non-refundable deposit, otherwise there will be no penalty for any cancellations.

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Thank you!

Rachel Wilson

Office Manager
Office. 423-775-3265

Text Us. 423-443-3377

rachel@bluewaterdayton.com
www.bluewaterdayton.com

edit 9/24/2020:
In my pictures and talking to them, I did not have any good clue on grilling at the pavillion, so I called and asked, here is the response:

Good Afternoon Ken,
We have two grills placed around the Pool Pavilion where you will be hosting your group. The attached photo is an image of them. We do have tables next to the grills to help with space for cooking. You can bring any kind of grill you would like. There are no regulations on grilling in the resort except you cannot grill on the porches of the lodges. I attached an aerial photo of the pool pavilion for you to show your group. You will be able to set up your grills inside the gate by the pool if needed. Any pool furniture or tables inside the pavilion that you do not need can be stacked and placed out of the way.
2162dd2c9f788bb1d45af7db06879af6.jpg
the aerial photo was hers from their webpage.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

DrBryanJ

Re: G15 Dates and Location

Post by DrBryanJ »

Just booked a standard room for next Sep 23-26. I think I spoke with Pam. She was very nice. I asked if some of us decide to join together and get a larger room would that be a problem with my reservation. She said that would be fine.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

kens

Post by kens »

yes, they are very responsive. fast response time and helpful
At some point we have to have enough people to either use up the big house, or, split it up.
Does anyone have a large enough troop of people to take the big house.??
That big house is the closest to the docks also.
Not to mention, if you split up the big 4-bedroom house, it works to something like $63/night.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Tom J

Post by Tom J »

I'd be willing to share the big house for one of the rooms if anyone else is interested. Tom Juring
Tom J
currently building the Malahini

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

I booked one of the Loft Lodges. Forgot to ask which number. When I called it went to a 3rd party answering service who took my name and number. Pam called back within the hour and got me booked and I received a confirmation email. I asked about the Pool and she said they don't close it until it gets cold enough that people stop using it. She said it will be open during our visit. That is a major attraction for a 7 year old!

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

I'd be willing to move to the big house as long as everyone doesn't mind a dog.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

kens

Post by kens »

the big house 4-room is booked by one of us. somebody jumped on it.!!
(whoever that is, I wanna drive his boat) !!!!! :lol:

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

The "Big House" would be a great place to have a Thursday evening Spaghetti Dinner..... Don't you think?

kens

Post by kens »

neel thompson wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:32 am
The "Big House" would be a great place to have a Thursday evening Spaghetti Dinner..... Don't you think?
It sure would, do you think you need a few pop-up party canopy in your back yard?? :lol: :roll:

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Great idea Ken.....

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

We just booked the duplex. I also moved the RV slot 36, closest to the boats, from Ken's name to mine. We can setup canopies and tables there.

Right now they aren't taking a deposit.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens »

Bill, the duplex, did you take one side or both sides??

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Ken

One.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Just booked a standard lodge room. Not sure who's coming with me next year. The wife wants to come but may have a conflict.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

kens

Post by kens »

The 3-bedroom house + waterfront + fishing dock + firepit + sunroom + RV hookups, is still open.
Anybody wanna take it?

Return to “Gathering 2021”