vupilot's Zip for sale

Misc. hardware, motors, etc. & Glen-L designed boats. Please do not use this site to re-sell boat plans by Glen-L or other designers.

Moderator: billy c

vupilot

vupilot's Zip for sale

Postby vupilot » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:06 pm

Yes, we have decided to offer the Zip up for sale to a good home. No, we are not going anywhere and we still plan to be a part of the Glen-L boat-builder family and continue to be active on the forum and attend future Gatherings with the wonderful friends we have made here over the years.

The Zip is built completely as designed per the plans and is in perfect shape, ready for summer fun. Finished in 2010 and always stored in the garage when not in use. The 1975 Mercury 402, 40hp has fresh new-old stock ignition coils and new electrical including new stator and switchbox to get rid of all the old brittle wiring under the hood. The trailer was brand new when the boat was built in 2010, it has bearing buddies and has made a handful of 900 mile round trips to TN for the Gatherings. We have used Hagerty for insurance on the Zip and the premium has been 285/yr.

The boat and trailer are both titled. I will be happy to offer technical support by email or phone to the buyer if ever needed.

The price is $7,500. Boat, motor, trailer.

email vupilot@hotmail.com
DSCN1331.JPG

DSCN1564.JPG

construction complete 009.jpg

Roberta

Re: vupilot's Zip for sale

Postby Roberta » Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:50 am

Sorry to hear you are selling your Beautiful Zip. Truly a great bargain for someone wanting a Classic Runabout. All the Best, my Friend.

Roberta :D :( :D :( :D :( :D :(
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:30 am

"No Joe, say it ain't so" :(

For any of you out there wanting a nice Glen-L boat, but don't know if you have the time or ability to build one, this is a great opportunity as you'll be hard-pressed to build it any better or cheaper than this.

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Tue Apr 17, 2018 12:15 pm

It's a beautiful boat, Chris. I hope it means you're starting another one!

Hercdrvr

Postby Hercdrvr » Tue Apr 17, 2018 8:53 pm

I thought the same thing, what’s he going to build now? Very nice Zip, someone who isn’t interested in the journey of building their own boat will get a very fine vessel.
Matt B

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:26 am

Thanks all. We love the Zip but after 10 years we just want to try something different. Life's short and there are too many toys out there. Since we have the other little wood skiff and the 10hp limited lake so close we use it quite a bit and just aren't using the Zip since we have to travel farther to use it. We will probably do something along the collector car or sports car route next.

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Wed Apr 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Good luck with this Chris. I've mulled over options for how I will be using my boat (when I get it finished). The original plan was a trailer and take it to the lake whenever I want to use it. But lately, I am considering the marina approach and in fact even considering retiring in a condo near a marina. Guess I'm getting old, but I want to maximize usage.

Anyway Chris, it's a beautiful boat and the next owner is going to get a heck of a deal.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

billy c

Postby billy c » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:13 pm

Chris-
Sad to see the Zip on the block, but glad that you are gearing up for your next project. Keep us up to date with a link to your new project.

Billy
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Return to “For Sale”