Engine Sound Insulation Kit

Misc. hardware, motors, etc. & Glen-L designed boats. Please do not use this site to re-sell boat plans by Glen-L or other designers.

Moderator: billy c

BayouBengal

Engine Sound Insulation Kit

Postby BayouBengal » Sun Dec 31, 2017 6:51 pm

I bought this sound insulation kit from Jamestown Marine. The packaging is open, but no parts of the kit were ever used. Wanting an ultra-quiet ride, I'd planned on using the kit to soundproof my engine compartment; but after completing my boat along with the upholstery, I decided the additional insulation wasn't necessary.

Here's a link to the kit on Jamestown with the kit listed at $189. The price for mine is $100. https://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/product.do?process=checkout&part=109513

By the way, I'll be offering up different items in the next few weeks that I bought for my build but ended up not using for one reason or the other. My New Year's resolution is to unclutter; so, you should see plenty of posts by me in this area. Most everything offered will be new and unused and priced at about half of what you'll pay retail.

Happy New Year!!!

kens

Re: Engine Sound Insulation Kit

Postby kens » Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:57 pm

the 1" kit for $100?
I'll take it.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:58 am

Ok Ken, you've got it. And yes, it's definitely the 1" kit with barrier material shown in the link above; I went back through my Jamestown order history and verified this.

A couple additional things offhand that I know I'm getting rid of that are engine related and you may want are a new Mercruiser 4.3L thermostat housing and thermostat for $100. This came installed on the new engine, but was removed as part of installing a fresh water cooling conversion kit. I installed the freshwater cooling before ever running the engine, though I believe Mercruiser test runs the engines before shipping them out, so I guess it's very slightly used.

I also have a fuel sending unit for 12 to 24 inch tanks for $10. It's opened but unused. I didn't realize the fuel tank I bought would come with a sending unit already installed.

PM me your address for shipping the sound insulation kit and I'll find out about shipping.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:31 pm

send me a PM
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “For Sale”