Chriscraft 283 Mounts

About inboard or outboard motors.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

boisebrit

Chriscraft 283 Mounts

Post by boisebrit »

All,

I am building a key largo and currently rebuilding a Chriscraft 283 motor for it, and wondering does any one know where to get new engine mount bushings as they are not a common size.

Attached pic of the bushing total of 6 required, front has 1 per mount and rear two per mount, plus pic of motor in progress.

Thanks all

Bryan
Attachments
IMG_5354.jpg
IMG_5353.jpg

TAB

Re: Chriscraft 283 Mounts

Post by TAB »

What are the diametions?

boisebrit

Post by boisebrit »

They are 2 1/4" outer diameter, by 1 3/8" inner and just over an inch long, with an outer steel casing, rubber interior stuck on a steel bushing. They were frozen to the mounts and I destroyed 1.5 trying to get them off to get accurate measurements.

I tried a commercial company that has similar but did not have the size, they could make a mold for $1200.

I now have a solution I hope I am making my own, I have found bronze bushings that match the inner diameter and steel pipe for the outer. I can then use a kit to poor my own internal bushing, Should be into for the grand total $55 for all six bushing's. This the same method used for making your own suspension or engine mounts.

If you have other ideas or solution let me know and thanks for replying, these things are a very unique size.

Bryan

boisebrit

Post by boisebrit »

So have now completed manufacturing my own engine mounts - steel tube from a muffler extension, some brass bushings and a urethane kit.

Few little lessons on the way, but now have all bushings made - About $65 in total. Pic of old and new attached.

If anyone needs more details let me know.

Bryan
Attachments
IMG_5553.jpg

steveh41

Post by steveh41 »

Looks like problem solved... great job!

Steve
The longest journey begins with a single step… then repeat as necessary!

Return to “Boat Power”