Buick aluminum 215 V8

About inboard or outboard motors.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Pullie

Re: Buick aluminum 215 V8

Postby Pullie » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Joris wrote:Graig,

nice engine. I wish they were easier to find over here. (Europe-small engines... :roll: )

Any idea about the weight?

Joris

Landrover v8 is the same basic casting, but marinising??? Would the buick parts fit? Landrover v8 are pretty decently priced since most people do a diesel upgrade because of the fuel consumption and price €1,75 per liter...

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:56 pm

Pullie wrote:
Joris wrote:Graig,

nice engine. I wish they were easier to find over here. (Europe-small engines... :roll: )

Any idea about the weight?

Joris

Landrover v8 is the same basic casting, but marinising??? Would the buick parts fit? Landrover v8 are pretty decently priced since most people do a diesel upgrade because of the fuel consumption and price €1,75 per liter...

Buick manifolds will fit, I'm not sure about the bellhousing? There is someone here working on casting some manifolds and bellhousings. Details are in this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18398

That threads has a link to a place that already makes Rover parts.
http://www.lancingmarine.com/pricebook/pricebook.html

They aren't cheap though...
-Craig

jayps

Postby jayps » Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:39 pm

Nice engine ! I've been looking for one up in Canada (Quebec) can't seem to find one. Anyway keep posting update, can't wait to hear the finish product ahah.

MetalHed

Postby MetalHed » Fri May 30, 2014 2:52 am

Are you still working this project? I would be interested in those manifolds if your going another route.

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Fri May 30, 2014 7:59 pm

The ski king is on hold right now, I've come to the realization that my current shop just isn't big enough to build it. I'm not going to get rid of the engine yet though. In any case, the engine and manifolds/bellhousing/waterpump will stay together even if I do decide to sell it.
-Craig

DesmoDog

Postby DesmoDog » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:27 pm

Wow, it's been two years already… still no progress on finding space for a boat, and I'm deeper into bikes now than I was then, so the manifolds and bellhousing are for sale. They're listed on ebay but are local pick up only.
-Craig

Return to “Boat Power”