Oil Filter Location

About inboard or outboard motors.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

BayouBengal

Oil Filter Location

Postby BayouBengal » Sun Mar 11, 2018 5:40 pm

Why does GM insist upon locating the f()*&*&*^$%$%$&*&(*ing oil filter on the bottom of the engine where it cannot be removed without getting f*#@$$%%&^*ing oil all over the place. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

That's it. Thanks for allowing me to vent.

Bill Edmundson

Re: Oil Filter Location

Postby Bill Edmundson » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:11 pm

Jeff

I agree! I had one GM that you had to reach through the suspension to get to the filter. Then the oil ran down your arm. My mother had one that I had to almost take the front end apart to change the battery. It took 3 special tools to change a headlight on an old girlfriends car, mine took a screwdriver and a bent coat hanger. I have fords now.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

NAMEngJS

Postby NAMEngJS » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:24 am

Understand completely! My Acadia has the oil filter on the front of the engine behind the radiator at some weird angle. always have oil everywhere. As an engineer I curse the j@ck@$$ engineer who thought that was an appropriate spot. :twisted:
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:08 pm

I have both a chevy and a ford in my garage so I cant really throw stones but this seems fitting here. ...

RSKAqGWmSReTuzKyDxKUeQ.jpg

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:38 pm

Isn't it possible to remote mount the oil filter? Ford is not immune, my wife's old Focus had the filter up between the engine and firewall.

Return to “Boat Power”