air dried ash or maple

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

leakcheck

air dried ash or maple

Postby leakcheck » Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Anyone know where I could find some?

STeve

composite guy

Re: air dried ash or maple

Postby composite guy » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:02 pm

Salt Lake is not that far from you. Just off of !-80 and I-15 split is Macbeath hardwoods. They have all kinds of high quality hardwoods. They have a website to order wood or I would suggest a road trip to pick it up. I just got some 4/4 hard maple about $4 a board foot. The ash is really nice, some good long boards. 4/4 is about 4 or 5 bucks a board foot.

They have all kinds of interesting woods. 14 foot sitka spruce 4/4 stock. Couple of different mahogany types in 4/4, 6/4, 8/4 and thicker.

They let you pick through the stacks and will cut to length. They also can do planing, width cutting, etc for a price. I have had good experiences there. Ciao.

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:11 pm

leakcheck wrote:Anyone know where I could find some?

STeve

Steve I have some 10 year air died maple in my wood I brought back from Ohio how much u need it has already been thickness planed. i really don't have use for it unless I use it in my cabin area but I would have to get more to be practical. and Macbeth is a good company i have used them for years.
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
http://www.facebook.com/Home.Made.Boat.Building
Bon Voyage-"Wild Flower" 40' house boat being built
14' Mr John-being built
32' Supper Huck-in design

Rod H

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:58 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I go through Salt Lake now and again....that place sounds great. I have been to Austin Hardwoods in Denver and that is a good place too. I might like some ash for steam bending, 16/4 maple for carving some bar stools seats. Maybe I can get down there sometime this year.

Thanks
Steve

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:16 pm

leakcheck wrote:Thanks for the info guys. I go through Salt Lake now and again....that place sounds great. I have been to Austin Hardwoods in Denver and that is a good place too. I might like some ash for steam bending, 16/4 maple for carving some bar stools seats. Maybe I can get down there sometime this year.

Thanks
Steve

:lol: you come close to were I live and never stopped for coffee or a beer :lol: that's not right I will have to pm you my number :lol:
Don't be afraid to attempt anything. You might surprise your self in the attempt.
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:48 pm

I will let you know next time I head down toward Denver !! I don't drink coffee!!! I don't drink beer anymore. (But...I don't drink beer any less either!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: ) I will tip one back with you next time I am in the area!

STeve

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:10 pm

leakcheck wrote:I will let you know next time I head down toward Denver !! I don't drink coffee!!! I don't drink beer anymore. (But...I don't drink beer any less either!!! :roll: :wink: :lol: :lol: ) I will tip one back with you next time I am in the area!

STeve

Steve I live in Utah About 25 miles north of Salt Lake :lol: actually I don't care for beer to much unless its a good vision beer
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:13 pm

Most beers sharpen your vision....especially at closing time!!!LOL :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:18 pm

upspirate wrote:Most beers sharpen your vision....especially at closing time!!!LOL :wink: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :wink: :roll: Don't remind me they have red lighting in bars for a reason :oops: :lol:
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:28 pm

I thought the red light was to reduce the glare of the bright light from the womens eyes!~~Beer Goggles! I love em!
STeve

Lowka53

Postby Lowka53 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:40 pm

leakcheck wrote:I thought the red light was to reduce the glare of the bright light from the womens eyes!~~Beer Goggles! I love em!
STeve

all I can say to that is :lol:
14' Mr John-being built

Rod H

Return to “Wood and Plywood”