I guess it's time to come out of the closet!Bartender 24

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

chugalug

Re: I guess it's time to come out of the closet!Bartender 24

Postby chugalug » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 am

:D I know sailrite has foam as well as defender.was waiting for shopko stuff to go on sale again.maybe 3 inch mattress pad as well as gel topper.been doing research on those.also put 1/2 inch foam gym floor pieces down to soften a little.
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:45 pm

Spring Startup. Does anyone else have anxiety about the first trip in spring? Until the pumps come on, the engine fires, and I get the first run in, I hate it! I'm worn out. But all is good. I still have some electrical gremlins to work out. But, she is running.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:04 pm

I would be glad to get to this point Bill!! :D :D My spring run up consists of getting jealous as I see more and more boats on trailers on the way to and from the lakes. :x :x
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

Soloboat

Postby Soloboat » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:39 pm

I live in So Cal so didn't have to winterize not withstanding I have a freshwater cooling system so I did all my Spring launch checks put her in the water started ok but the idle was off the charts sticking throttle plate a few squirts of WD 40 fixed it but so much anxiety until it is fixed. the one area of my boat I know the least about the Carb. Gonna fish the hell out of her this season.
cheers relapse and enjoy Bill
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Denzil

Great to hear from you. This is what I'm talking about! When it starts up and something is wrong... Oh Shit! Now what!?

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:26 pm

This weekend's events. I said I got her in the water and she runs. Lauren is very happy with how the boat rides :!: :wink: The fuse that I pulled to stop the power drain is needed. There is no communication between the GPS and the control panel. I'll need to add a switch. In that process I need to change the bilge pump float switches to a new always hot fuse bus (It should have been that way from the start. I screwed up.)

WOT is 35 mph. That is with 4 people, half tank of gas, and 31 gal. of water, on a 24' boat and a 115 Yamaha.

Frustration on the canvas! One guy only does cushions not enclosures. One guy does enclosures not he frames. I don't do any of them. I'll find somebody.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Mon Apr 17, 2017 2:19 pm

WOT is 35 mph. That is with 4 people, half tank of gas, and 31 gal. of water, on a 24' boat and a 115 Yamaha.

Excellent performance numbers!

I've had a really tough time with upholsterers, also. They're all so snobby in what they do and don't do. I fired the one who did my seat bases; not because he didn't do a good job, but because he and his brother were a$$h0les. I don't want to hire any of them, but am going to have to bite the bullet and hire somebody.

kens

Postby kens » Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:52 pm

I found a real good canvas lady,
she does any kind of upholstery, but she is 75yrs old, with arthritis in her hands, and can only do 6 stitches a week.
Does good work though !!!!!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:11 pm

Ken
:lol: Sounds like here. Found some good women here. They're booked till November!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

chugalug

Postby chugalug » Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:20 am

:D Maybe you could watch a few sailrite videos and try doing it yourself. :D
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

mrintense

Postby mrintense » Tue Apr 18, 2017 6:07 am

Congratulations on the successful runs. It sounds like your selection of engine was correct. Makes me more confident that I will be okay with my choice as well. With all the work you've done, it might not be too bad to do the upholstery as well. Maybe start with something inconspicuous. Whatever you decide Bill, great job.
Carl
a.k.a. Clipper

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise named "Some Other Time"

Clipper's Vera Cruise Build

hoodman

Postby hoodman » Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:08 am

I'm thinking of doing the bimini/convertible top on my boat with my mom's old Singer. A full enclosure would be a whole other task though. You could always start with the bimini and add the full enclosure later.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri May 05, 2017 8:54 am

Well Crap!

I came down to the coast on Wed. to work on the electrical stuff Thurs. & Fri. I plan to go to the wooden boat festival at Pirates Cove. http://perdidowoodboat.org/ Their 20th and last year.

Thurs. rain and 25 MPH wind. Fri. 25 MPH and low 60*s. No work got done. We've had whitecaps in our marina. Sat. I'll just drive to the festival.

I had planned to clean the boats Sun. and go home Mon. I have to be home Tues. morning. I may just give up and go back Sun.

Crap

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

vupilot

Postby vupilot » Fri May 05, 2017 12:08 pm

I feel ya Bill. 7" of rain in the last 5 days. Every waterway is flooded with lots of floating debris. And its only about 50 degrees f.

jenko

Postby jenko » Fri May 05, 2017 6:06 pm

Bill instead of switch for the circuit that drains the battery, maybe add a relay that activates with ignition

Return to “Power Boats”