Amazing builds

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

bubbafun

Amazing builds

Postby bubbafun » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:23 pm

Good afternoon everyone. I have been following GL since 1976 when my father helped me build the Malahini after school and rewarded my perseverance, buying a brand new Merc outboard to power it. After 2 yrs of effort and before completion after a water test I was offered a lot of money for the combo so I did my first boat deal. Got to sea lot of that runabout over the next 7 years as he was stored at an adjacent marina. Now I am back looking at a S&G sea kayak for the wife over this winter and I need answers. So thanks for letting me join and I am very impressed by the quality of the builds and attention to detail is amazing.

Bubba

DrBryanJ

Re: Amazing builds

Postby DrBryanJ » Tue Aug 08, 2017 5:30 am

Bubba, Welcome back! We will try to answer your questions. Please post pics as you build. ANy chance you have pics of your malahini?
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

bubbafun

Re: Amazing builds

Postby bubbafun » Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:13 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome. Unfortunately I don't have any Malahini pictures. To many moves to loose pics and not ever really into photography. MY dad had nice 35 mm SLR but wasn't available to me since in the 70s you didn't give early teenagers expensive electronics like is done today. None the less I am excited to be here and starting a project in wood.

Bubba

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”