New Member: Blake Henry

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Henry

New Member: Blake Henry

Postby Henry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:07 am

I have finally purchased plans to build the 15' ski king. I have been toying with the idea for years (around 10). In the meantime I have built two kayaks, a canoe and about 7 surfboards. I decided it was time to pull the trigger and try a boat. I currently live in Baton Rouge, LA. Hope all goes well.

NAMEngJS

Re: New Member: Blake Henry

Postby NAMEngJS » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:53 am

Welcome aboard. There are a few of us in the Louisiana area. look forward to seeing your build!
All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night in the recesses of their minds, wake to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers by day are dangerous men, for they may act on their dreams with open eyes, to make them possible.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:49 am

BATON ROUGE!!! :D :D :D

I'm in Baton Rouge, also. We'll definitely have to meetup sometime. Would love to see your kayak, canoes, and Ski King as you progress in building it. I recently completed building my second runabout. Let me know when you want to take a ride.

Henry

Postby Henry » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:21 pm

Sound great BayouBengal. I wold love to see your boats. I am also interested in finding materials in this area. I have only been here about 3 1/2 years (from Galveston area originally) and have not done a lot of big projects here.

BayouBengal

Postby BayouBengal » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:14 am

Brazo's in Denham Springs is the closest place to find wood. They have a great selection, friendly staff, and reasonable prices; but, their hours of operation are quite limited (I think only 8AM to 1PM Monday thru Thursday). There's a few local places to get marine plywood, but if you want the good stuff you have to order it and have it shipped for pickup at the shipping depot here in Baton Rouge.

By the way, I sent you a private message (PM) with my contact info. When you log into the forum, you'll see a link to your "Private Messages" in the top right hand corner.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”