New member from upstate New York

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

rondackr

New member from upstate New York

Postby rondackr » Sat Jan 13, 2018 4:25 pm

My boating experience to date has been limited to Kayaking and sailing. I've decided to try a boat with a motor for the first time because my joints are not enjoying the paddling and my wife has grown weary of the wet ride she endures in the sailboat. I don't like the look of what is available commercially. I looked at some lovely antique boats but have concerns about their maintenance I recently stumbled across a Glen L boat while surfing the net. They seen to represent the ideal solution, the beauty of an antique boat with the low maintenance of modern fiberglass boat. Unfortunately, I lack the time, the patience and the talent to build one for myself. I'm here to learn more about the boats. I'm hoping to find one for sale that suits me needs. The Zip and the Flying Saucer look ideal.

billy c

Re: New member from upstate New York

Postby billy c » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:38 am

Stepping into a boat in the 20’ or so range smoothes out the ride and stays generally drier in many conditions than one under 16’
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

rondackr

Re: New member from upstate New York

Postby rondackr » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:47 am

Thanks for the suggestion Billy. I expect to be using it in lakes and rivers in conditions that are fairly calm.This going to be my first power boat. I thought I'd start out with a smaller boat first and see how it goes.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”