2008 Gathering

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:44 am

Try live.com maps. And, looking in the phone book for a plumber.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:10 am

Ah - got it. I always use Google / Google Earth, and all I had been able to pull up was a front view of the house (street level). That shot shows the Magic Truck sitting in the driveway. Their satellite view is more from directly above, too. Pretty cool to see that little tug actually floating! :wink:

I got curious about my own address, and it looks like Google has been busy with their little camera cars, generating street-level views! From what I can tell, they drove past my house sometime in February or early March, because the Thompson is sitting at the bottom of my driveway under a tarp, windshield removed. Big Brother is watching....

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

FDMSIV

Postby FDMSIV » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:41 am

I have never taken a look at live maps. Strange though, the aerial view is post katrina, the bird's eye view is pre katrina. Kind of neat to see the difference

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:59 am

Okay.,...off topic...but while we are talking about on-line mapping:

I called the county to ask if I could cut down some trees on my property. She told me I could do whatever I wanted as long as I didn't live near a stream or a lake. WELL...I live on a lake and beside a stream. She asked where I live and I told her. She said: Well, just don't touch anything within 25 feet of the lake or the stream. I asked her ANYTHING? She said really you arent supposed to disturb any type of vegetation within 25 feet. (OH really..the damn live free of die in me starts to kick in) ..so I said..Hey, you probably wouldnt know if I cut anything anyway..and I will do it at night with a handsaw !!! ...SHE SAYS: You have a dock in the water ? uummm YEAH. zDo you have a white canoe? Ummm YEah...Do you have a boat with a bright red top..kinda looks like a little tug boat ?? Ummmm..yeah. Well, see that pine tree in the center of the back yard ? Yeah... That pine tree measures about fifty feet from the lake so don't cut anything down half way between that tree and the lake okay sweetie ??? I said: Hey...can you see me right now ?????

Big brother !! You gotta love it !! (Kinda freaks you out though!)

STeve 8)

I outsmarted her though..I took out the big pine tree in the middle of the yard FIRST...then I figure she's got nothing to measure to !!

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 1:45 pm

OK OK ooOK :lol:

Since, I helped Highjack this thing... I just confirmed my Lake Cabin for the Gathering. :D I'll be going up on Thursday. 8)

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Jun 12, 2008 5:31 pm

Sounds to me like Bills got breakfast covered on Friday morning !! For all you early checkins !!

Steve :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:01 pm

Well! I don't have to worry about Steve Friday morning! :lol:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Postby kens » Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:08 pm

Let's see.....
Bill Edmundson & Bruce Dow......both guys came to Guntersville last year with 'in progress' cold molded builds.
Now it looks like both may launch at this years event.
So, ummm, is both you guys vying for 'Best Deck' award?

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:08 am

The deck looks good right now.

Tonight, I just hope to hear the engine do more than CLICK!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:21 am

I do hope to have a deck by then...

I hope it will at least be respectable.

When I finally start my engine, I wouldn't mind hearing CLICK. I just don't want to hear a BANG or a BOOM.

I think my best hope for an award this year will be to drive through Buffalo, rather than Detroit. I think that route is longer. :wink:

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 am

Bruce Dow wrote:I think my best hope for an award this year will be to drive through Buffalo, rather than Detroit. I think that route is longer. :wink:

B.

Yup...you got screwed last year !! :cry: ..Just by a few miles though !

Steve :lol:

BruceDow

Postby BruceDow » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:34 am

I just need to figure out how to keep Mr Hot Rod from brining his boat. He's got 200 miles on me.

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Bill E

Postby Bill E » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:47 am

You could swing by and pick HIM up... fabricate a double-decker trailer, perhaps?

-wte
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Mr Hot Rod

Postby Mr Hot Rod » Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:18 am

I just need to figure out how to keep Mr Hot Rod from brining his boat. He's got 200 miles on me.

I'll make darn sure that I go around the block several times before leaving.
BTW, out in Chelsea, our blocks are several miles long :twisted:

Building the Glen-L Hot Rod : http://www.boats.chelseacoachworks.com

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:33 pm

Please excuse the intrusion. But this old phart does not see a confirmed date thumbing through this thread, or did I miss that you have already gotten together? If not, Them short of it>>>>>>? Date, time, location? :wink:

Return to “Gathering 2008”