Missed my boat rides

Jimmy70

Missed my boat rides

Postby Jimmy70 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:05 pm

Boy I think Guntersville has something against me...twice in a row that I have gotten sick. I sure did want to take some boat rides but I had the bronchitis terrible, more than likely from those damn cigarettes which I have vowed to end those, I gave Paul almost a full carton so hope he enjoys those as the smokes up there in Canada will break you in a hurry.

I did enjoy a couple bowls of uspirates chili and some of those chicken wings before I had to depart the good times early. I did end up going to Albertsville Friday to a walk in clinic for some help and got to say that was the fastest one I was ever in. They got right on to me and got me some Albutral breathing and some super duper cough syrup and some antibiotics. Still had to go in here to the docs office and got another dose of the Albutral, some more pills and am now feeling better.

I get this temp cast off next Thrusday and hope it won't be to long and I can heat up the work shop and get going again on the tunnel hull boat.
Still need to finish up the boat shed that got me into all of this mess in the first place. :evil: Live an learn to stay the hell off of the top of a 8' ladder when working...follow all safety instructions...yeah right. :lol:

I am hoping that someone will have better control over the cabins this next round so we will know what is available for rent when it comes time to do so. The other thing I am wondering if the park can have a Johnny Portable to be setup at the pavilion for us beer & coffee drinkers. Maybe we can look into this next year.

Ok rambled on long enough but still had a good time even if I wasn't feeling to hot.
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:13 pm

Jimmy,

:!: You have the first BOAT RIDE next year :!: I don't know what it will be. But, you're FIRST :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Jimmy70

Postby Jimmy70 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:19 pm

Hey Bill
Well I was going to get in line for the ride while I was there but sure did not happen. Anyway thanks for the invite. I hope I can drag down a new one next year myself. Ain't nutin" but time and money... :lol:
Take care Bill
Jimmy
Dreams are free, Reality cost money.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:30 pm

I want a ride, too. Paul can't be the only one. I'll buy some Depends if I have to.
:lol:
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:11 pm

Now everyone stand, raise your right hand and repeat after me:

"I solemnly swear to have my boat ready to GIVE rides at the 2009 Gathering. This includes David Grason as he has simply failed to complete a boat even far enough to bring something for folks to look at ...... the loser."

Ok, I'm giving rides in my boat in '09 because Bill had way too much fun this year. I've got to get in on THAT!
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:39 pm

If it's not ready for in the water rides,we can always give around the parking lot on the trailer rides!!!LOL :wink: :lol: :shock:

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:41 pm

BTW,Thanks for liking my chili,but I can't take credit....We didn't bring any!!!

We brought spaghetti salad & fish&spinach dip.

Return to “Gathering 2008”