Is anchoring an option?

Escargot18

Is anchoring an option?

Postby Escargot18 » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:52 pm

For those with cabin boats, is it legal to anchor and stay onboard?

Dave Grason

Re: Is anchoring an option?

Postby Dave Grason » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:42 pm

Absolutely! Why not?

There would likely be a small fee but why not just stay at the dock? That would keep you from having to set the hook. Just take into account the tides. ....no, wait! Lake Guntersville is not THAT big and there isn't any salt in the water. It's my belief that it's the salt in the water that causes the tides. :P
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:21 am

You could just tie-up at the Lakeside Cabin's boat ramp.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

harold peterman

Postby harold peterman » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Hazel and i stayed on boat at marina last year. Paid dock fee of $22 and had elec and water hook up. use of showers in camping area about 50 yards away. We used elec heater in boat. you can stay at free dock no elec or warter.

Gary McCusker

Postby Gary McCusker » Mon Mar 30, 2009 5:11 am

Keith spent the night on his boat,(Gat. 2007) at the docks in front of the State campground. Had no issues. McCusker

leakcheck

Postby leakcheck » Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:30 pm

Oh Keith has issues trust me ! :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Postby Bill Edmundson » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:19 pm

Steve said:
Oh Keith has issues trust me ! :lol:

:shock: Damned If I'd have told
that :!:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:56 pm

Keith does have to be careful with his cannon....it's too loud for some!!!! :roll: :wink: :lol:

ARRRGHH!!! 8)

Dave Grason

Postby Dave Grason » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Warren and I are secretly planning on converting Bill's kayak into a stealth pirate vessel and raiding the boats at the dock. We'll be looking for important loot such as beer, Pusser's Painkillers and any loud cannon that we can find. :twisted:
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:30 pm

no wonder my buckin' ears were burning. How you doing folks! It's been a while since I've been online, I've been busy working and trying to go sailing now and then. The docks are great at the marina. They make it easy for cocktail time onboard. There's always something tasty to drink aboard my boat. This year I'm planning to have at least 1 keg of homebrew stashed on the boat. You never know what the answer to "what does she draft" will be when you talking about my boat, it could be 3 feet or it could be a pale ale, a stout, or a porter. Whatever it is it's gonna be good. I look forward to seeing you all there

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Howdy Keith, long time no see. You guys going to do a Georgia get together this year again?

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:53 am

Hey Keith,glad to hear from you!! :)

gaffrig24

Postby gaffrig24 » Tue Jun 23, 2009 1:35 pm

We just finished the GA get together at Hartwell last weekend. I was too busy with work and didn't get a chance to do as much this year. Also the park staff is gone now because of budget cuts so we didn't do all the kid activities like we've done in the past. We did have some great winds though and did a lot of sailing. We had a new boat that sailed for the first time. She was a pretty little Pocket Cruiser built in NC. All in all we had a good time but we'll be looking for a new location for next years event

Keith
The klop, klop of water under the bows of a small boat will cure most troubles in this world.

Oyster

Postby Oyster » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:31 am

gaffrig24 wrote:We just finished the GA get together at Hartwell last weekend. I was too busy with work and didn't get a chance to do as much this year. Also the park staff is gone now because of budget cuts so we didn't do all the kid activities like we've done in the past. We did have some great winds though and did a lot of sailing. We had a new boat that sailed for the first time. She was a pretty little Pocket Cruiser built in NC. All in all we had a good time but we'll be looking for a new location for next years event

Keith

I think that you guys should do a fall trip to the B&B gathering in fall of the year. You will not be disappointed with the sailing grounds and the mindless banter. Its free, foods great, and the crowds have one thing on their mind, mucking about on the water. The region is semi protected and wide open, all within a mile of each other.

Return to “Gathering 2009”