Glen-L.com

The Boatbuilder Connection
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:10 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ] 
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:28 am 

The Moors resort seems to fit the bill for us and is located on the West side of Ky Lake and only a few miles from I-24. I was there many years ago and spent a week and enjoyed it all.

I just got hold of them and requested more information but their web site shows it all. They have decent cabin rates after Sept 7th, have a pavillion and nice lodging and other items to be enjoyed. I hope to hear back from them soon and see what they can offer for group rates.

www.moorsresort.com
Jimmy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:24 am 

Jimmy, Is that the area they call the "Land between the Lakes"? That would be very nice.

Roberta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:33 am 

Yes it is. It is not far from the dam on the river there. You can cross the lake and even go into lake Barkley as they have a canal in between the two. Like I said it is right off of I-24 so would be easy access.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:36 pm 

That looks interesting, could still make some kind of river run, and its 200 miles closer! (Wellll, for some of us anyway :wink: )

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:31 pm 

If I am looking at the correct website (www.moorsresort.com) it looks great. Lots of land cabins and a big lodge. All right between a pavilion in the middle and very short distances between all. A nice restaurant on site, pizza kitchen on site, ship store looks well stocked. The marina area is protected for the tubby-tugs to run. Looks like its at the entrance to one of the big coves of the lake so the small boats should be able to run in protected waters if it gets windy and rough.

I dont see anything about campsites on the website though. Also, it appears dock space would be a bit sparse for 40+ boats but hard telling from just satellite images. Also, this would add 3+ hours drive to those coming from the southeast.
The real plus I see here is that with all the cabins and the lodge it looks to have accommodations enough to handle our group as we continue to grow. Thats the only real downside to working with Hales Bar to me at this point, we basically reached its capacity the first year we were there.

I dont like moving locations any more than the people that worked all those hours to find the excellent ones we have been to already but in order to not move often we need to find a location that can grow with us.

GlenL Utility
https://plus.google.com/photos/11285674 ... banner=pwa

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:43 pm 

I like it!!

Roberta

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:53 pm 

I've stayed there also - a couple of years ago. It is a nice facility. They have many cabins and a lodge also. I requested info last year and the selection committee looked at it. The down side was that it only had two transient RV spots available. Most of their campers are long-term. They certainly won't have the advantage of boats right in front of the floating cabins like Hales Bar.

KB

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:32 pm 

Ok, I'm in. I'll shut up about staying at Nickajack.

Hey, Moor's is a whopping 83 miles from me. I could probably handle that. That's an entire hour of drive time saved over driving to Nickajack for me. So I could probably get the deck installed, epoxied and varnished, then all the hardware done in that hour..... so yeah, I think we should go there.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:21 pm 

Moors Resort said they only had two RV sites. One was on the water and handle any size, the other was off the water and only handle a 29' camper.
That puts it out for me using the RV, unless I get the longer site. Guess I could get a cabin.

Allen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:30 pm 

We looked at this area extensively last year. Geen Turtle Bay was expensive and didn't have RV or camping. Moor's had 2 RV slots and the pavilion was too small. Lighthouse stays booked up until November. The state parks didn't care if we came or not.

It saves mile for a few, adds miles for a lot. The spring fling info may change some of the demographics.

Bill

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 10 posts ]