New Blower

Wiring your boat, How to Wire Lights/Accessories, All things electrical other than actually powering your boat by electric motors.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

psychobilly

New Blower

Postby psychobilly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:00 am

I know one of my boats is glass and not a wood boat, nor have I built one, but I have learnt a lot here from yawl. I wanted to post these pics to show how some of the big boys build and locate some things. If'n I'm outta line here and no one is interested please let me know.

Well the blower was make'n some unpleasant racket.... I gots me a bran newy and got it installed yesterdee. I really liked the bracket that they used to mount it.

DSC00773.JPG

DSC00776.JPG

That bracket where it is in the vise bolts to the top of the starboard motor stringer, just under the starboard manifold. I replaced the old one with the new one and then spliced the wires. Yes I soldered them. I hate crimp splices. :roll:

DSC00778.JPG

psychobilly

Re: New Blower

Postby psychobilly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:08 am

more pics.....
DSC00780.JPG

DSC00781.JPG

I also replaced the bilge pump and cleaned it all up. Although there are some of those crimp splices that I hate so much I didn't put them there and they will prolly come back to haunt me....

DSC00785.JPG

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:09 am

One more.........

DSC00784.JPG

I hope some of you found this helpful. :-)

upspirate

Postby upspirate » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:26 am

I hate crimps too,but sometimes they are just easier to do in tight places.

I would use liquid electrical tape,heat shrink, or silicone to seal those crimps though....I've had ones corrode off in the bilge from the factory installed stuff

psychobilly

Postby psychobilly » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:40 am

Well like you said they're in a tight space and was already there. When I spliced in the new bilge pump I soldered and heat shrank it but those were there already on the float switch. I may still replace the float switch as I do have one. The float switch in there is OK so...... nome sain.....

Return to “Electric Power & Systems”