Who's Coming?

News from the great Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Bill Edmundson

Re: Who's Coming?

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Bob

The list at the top of this page is my best guess. We never know. Well.. Page 3 now.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
red70442

Post by red70442 »

My wife and I will try to make it down there on Saturday...Our plans sometimes change due to sudden baby-sitting calls...We are still trying to decide on a boat design that we like that can also allow us to be grand-parents who enjoy bringing the kids along...We live about an hour and a half drive North and West of Guild...Should we make it we will have in our possession a few, and then again a few more pounds of chicken wings and James' special hot sauce on the side for those who like a little chicken biting back :twisted: ...Let us know if you are short on food for Saturday so perhaps we can fill a void... :D
tsmitherman

Post by tsmitherman »

Glenda and I plan on driving up on Saturday for the day. We should be there around noon. Unfortunately we won't be bringing a boat.
Tom
------------------------------
36' 1969 Willard Aft-Pilothouse Trawler
Blog: www.genesisboat.blogspot.com

Knot-So-Fast (BoJest) SOLD

"It's amazing what one can do when one doesn't know what one can't do." - Garfield
Brad Tucker

Post by Brad Tucker »

I'm going to TRY to make it, so I can oogle all the nice boats! It may be a day trip, and I'm boatless this year...
Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Brad

Always welcome.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

Paula and I are going to try to get there Thursdat evening 6:00 or 7:00 hopfuly
neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Look who pulled in Tuesday afternoon...
Attachments
20140916_170934.jpg
jeffh

Post by jeffh »

I drove across the I-24 bridge yesterday from Nashville back to Atlanta. I looked for woodies, but didn't see anyone.
2011 MALAHINI - KICKED IN THE HEAD
I wake up with a 16ft woody every morning :)
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=534DBtp1Cnc
mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Woo Hoo Bob,

The Sea Knight is looking good as always. Wish I could be there to see it in person. Hopefully one of these years when funds permit the trip.

One question.

I see that your front spray rails only extend part of the way forward. On my Vera Cruise, they are shown as extending all the way to the bow. I'm not particularly fond of that part of the design (for aesthetic reasons) and was wondering if they are still effective like you have yours. I have some design elements in my paint scheme that would look better if I could eliminate the spray rails or at least reduce them, so this is of some interest to me.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise - "Can Do!"
neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

mrintense wrote:Woo Hoo Bob,
I see that your front spray rails only extend part of the way forward. On my Vera Cruise, they are shown as extending all the way to the bow. I'm not particularly fond of that part of the design (for aesthetic reasons) and was wondering if they are still effective like you have yours.
Hi, using Neel's computer at HB. Funny you should ask about those spray rails. They are supposed to go all the way forward, but I ended up making them too thick and they snapped at that point in the bend. :shock: :oops: Sooooo, that's where they ended up ending. I should really sand the forward end more to a taper to look better but at this point it hasn't happened. There are no problems with them ending there, I don't have any spray travel up the hull sides there at all.
mrintense

Post by mrintense »

neel thompson wrote:Hi, using Neel's computer at HB. Funny you should ask about those spray rails. They are supposed to go all the way forward, but I ended up making them too thick and they snapped at that point in the bend. :shock: :oops: Sooooo, that's where they ended up ending. I should really sand the forward end more to a taper to look better but at this point it hasn't happened. There are no problems with them ending there, I don't have any spray travel up the hull sides there at all.
Thanks for replying Bob and thanks Neel for letting Bob reply on your computer. I hope you all are enjoying the gathering. Really wish I could attend.

I guess I will leave the spray rails off at the bow initially and wait untill I can see how that affects the wetness factor. Since my boat is so long and the cockpit is quite far back, I am hoping that it won't be a problem. Of course, I need to get the boat built first! :) :)
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise - "Can Do!"
gunwale

Post by gunwale »

Hi,
I am a newbie to the group but can come down Saturday afternoon. Will there still be folks around then?
thanks,
Brian Howell
vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Cars packed to the gills, Utility boat is hitched up, hitting the road now. Be there about 8:30 am Friday morning.

Chris
Roberta

Post by Roberta »

gunwale wrote:Hi,
I am a newbie to the group but can come down Saturday afternoon. Will there still be folks around then?
thanks,
Brian Howell

There will be plenty to do and people at the gathering. All are welcome!! Have Fun!!

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".
Built SeaRey and RV-7A

Return to “Gathering 2014, Sept. 19-21, Guild, Tennessee”