scrap pieces save some

See: "Useful Information and Suppliers" for a list of lumber and plywood suppliers. Also see: "Wood & Plywood Information". Both located in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Soloboat

scrap pieces save some

Post by Soloboat » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:42 pm

Today I hit the dock so hard, well my buddy did , that I have been holed a nice 6x6 gaping hole port side forward didn't bust any frames but now I wished I had saved some of those scrap pieces. 3/8 hydrotech does not hold up well to hitting the corner of the dock. Any CA builder out there has a scrap 12"x12" they are willing to part with I will take it pay shipping etc . I have looked ebay and other sources cant find a piece of marine ply unless I am willing to buy the whole sheet.
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

vupilot

Re: scrap pieces save some

Post by vupilot » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:36 pm

Man, thats a bummer on the dock rash!

If nobody closer speaks up... Ive got some 3/8" scraps I could ship you. Probably could cut two pieces to fit in one of those USPS medium flat rate boxes. Those boxes are 12x13x3.

steveh41

Post by steveh41 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:09 pm

Hey Denzel we've got plenty of 3/8" hydrotek scraps... give me an address and tell me how much you need.

Steve
The longest journey begins with a single step… then repeat as necessary!

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:55 am

I have some also.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Soloboat

Post by Soloboat » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:12 pm

Steveh41 maybe the answer to my plea he is close and he does have some scraps and you know that the bigger the boat the bigger the scraps so I may be able to repair on the inexpensive. Thanks all. What a great community. On another note I have a jig that is used for making the cutout for an Alpha II outdrive if anyone has a need PM and I can send it your way. Yonescu sent it my way for cheap I can pay it forward again thanks.
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

Soloboat

Post by Soloboat » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:15 am

Damage is bigger than it appears splintered on back side
Attachments
20180610_092017.jpg
That is known as dock wound

kens

Post by kens » Sun Jun 24, 2018 1:58 pm

ouch !!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:32 pm

Ken

Do I remember something from the first Gathering? :P

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

kens

Post by kens » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:12 pm

????
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Return to “Wood and Plywood”