New Member Washington state

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

markm3815

New Member Washington state

Post by markm3815 »

My name is Mark McCracken, I have ordered a set of Bo Jest plans and expect to start later this year on hull construction. PLans have not arrived yet. Do the plans include cradle building information?

Otter

Re: New Member Washington state

Post by Otter »

I doubt they will. None of the plans i have seen so far have details on.makimg a cradle. There are a few threads in this forum with discussion on building a cradle..that may be the best source for ideas.
I am just about to that point in my build...im not quite sure how I'm going to do it... will have to wing it to some degree.
Chris Otterness
Whitewater 16, Guillemot

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Lots of folks flip the boat onto a trailer and finish from there. However, if you decide to build a cradle it will be a fairly simple task once you get to the point of needing one.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Unless you are talking about the building form. In that case, yes it will be detailed in the plans.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

On my Tahoe I didn't need a cradle. I put it right on the trailer. I built a cradle for the Bartender which was slightly larger than the frames.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”