Malahini by Tim Basham

2 April 2007

Just a little update on the boat. Front deck beams are in and sub deck is on. Trailer is ready for boat and yesterday we put the boat on the trailer. A few things to change on trailer. Today a did a test fit with the motor, 90hp inline six merc. Got the mounting holes drilled for motor and measurments taken for control cables. Will start to finish out the motorwell then begin the deck planking. Lots of fun.

26 April 2007

Deck is planked, all mahogany and stained. I used dark red mahogany stain for the dash and cover boards and golden oak for the rest. Next will be a coat of polyurathane and then I'll paint the grooves with white paint and more poly. I planned on putting it in the water on Memorial Day but I just don't know if I'll make it on time.

1 July 2007

Ok, it's been a while since my last update. The deck is finished, dash guages ready to install, motor is on and had it running today. Seats are in. Now, with the seats I changed the boat's design a little. I moved the dash forward about 1 foot which shortened the deck. I used buck seats in the front and bench seats along the side in the rear. It gave me a little more room. 2- 6 gal gas tanks in the back along with battery. 1 coat of paint on floor. I used the same paint as on the bottom of boat and mixed in some play sand to make it not so slick. Will paint last coat on floor after all else in done. Should be done in a week or so. More to come.