- Glen-L frame kit, sitka spruce stringers, marine plywood, brass fastenings.
- Fully fiberglassed with epoxy. Built-in 12 gallon fuel tank under deck.
- Automotive primer, paint and clear coat applied by body shop.
- 3M brand adhesive stock for color accents.
- Two tandem mounted Glen-L skid fins.
- Smaller motor well with rear deck added to support ski pole.
- Doubled (1 1/2" thick) side cockpit coamings.
- Transverse 2x4 across transom (under motor well) to distribute motor thrust.
- Black plexiglas windshield.
Powered by a 1992 115 HP Mercury with 21" pitch aluminum propeller, the top speed is 48 mph which would doubtless increase with a more exotic prop and higher engine mounting. This boat is used exclusively on a sheltered lake which makes the flat bottom design ideal. The twin skid fins give great tracking for water skiing and tight, flat, high G turns.
After eight summers of fun, the Stiletto is still in fine shape and going strong. Thanks for a great design with timeless styling.
Douglas Wittkowsky (N. Tonawanda, NY)