Glen-L Newsletter & Builder Galleries

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

kens

Re: Glen-L Newsletter & Builder Galleries

Post by kens »

Hi, If I remember, there was a way to identify if plans were drawn by either Ken or Glen ,
was it letter E? or maybe a peculiar number font?
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Thank you everyone for your kind well wishes and comments--that means a lot. It's been an interesting challenge with getting this transition working. Duckworks is a great group of people and they are doing a wonderful job. Some of the set up with our systems has been more challenging than expected. But, they are even getting orders shipped out, so that's good!

Not sure when "retirement" will actually happen because I seem to be working longer hours than before the company switch! When we moved from Bellflower, we had a tremendous amount of stuff to go through and much to discard. But, this transfer is all the details and there are so many nuances to our business. Just going thru my computer files and photos, etc. is really time consuming.

Speaking of photos, Leland, I came across some photos from the Bethel Island Rendevous some years ago and that brought back memories...

As for telling the difference between Glen & Ken's designs, there's no symbol or letter--I can just tell the difference in the printing. My dad's lettering was a bit different. And of course, I like it better :) I think his line drawings are prettier too--especially the older ones.

Again, I appreciate the comments and apologize that I'm not quick to respond...
Gayle Brantuk
Glen L Witt's daughter
Past Glen-L Marine President

gap998

Post by gap998 »

I've been away from the forum for a while, but was prompted to return by the e-mail announcing the change of ownership.

I have to say thank you for the advice & encouragement on my journey to build my own boat.

Although in the end, I have settled on a design by another designer, (although now, it is one which is under the Duckworks/Glen-L umbrella and maybe I'll even build my Zip one day), I would not have gotten to where I am without Glen-L and the company philosophy it holds to. This, and the quality of it's products have made Glen-L a world-famous brand and I'm sure you are justly proud of the legacy your father built and which you have carried honourably through to today.

It is sad to see you go, but life moves on and I'm sure so will Glen-L, under the enthusiasm of Duckworks' spiritual, if not familial lineage.

I wish you and John all the best in your retirement and hope you will stay in touch with the forum.

Best wishes for the future.

Gary Allsopp
Gary

Planning a whole fleet, but starting with a Zip...I think.

"Just when you think you've made something idiot-proof, someone builds a better idiot!"

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Thank you so much, Gary...
Gayle Brantuk
Glen L Witt's daughter

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Best of luck to you and John. You guys have been a wonderful help to me over the years.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D I tried to find your designs on "Duck works " but found some at"Noahs" instead :D
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Duckworks doesn't have our designs on their site yet. They are continuing with our sites as is for a time--you can order everything on our site as usual.
Gayle Brantuk
Glen L Witt's daughter

Return to “Miscellaneous”