Depresion After the Turn

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

leakcheck

Re: Depresion After the Turn

Post by leakcheck »

you guys seem to be stressing for no reason! oh wait...I haven't started my build yet!

8) :cry: :oops: :( :shock:

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Steve

Good to see you out there. AH :lol:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Hi Bill!
Yup, life has been busy. Quit one job started another...now I am a state employee...damn I have never worked so little in my entire life! haahahahaha. But kept part of the other job so I average about 65 hours a week. Hope to be able to slow down in a few years. But you know how that goes!
Haven't been on here in a spell but hope to start keeping up better. Your build is looking good!
Steve AKA MR AH

svenole

Post by svenole »

What I get sick of is people asking are you done yet? are you done yet? when are you going to get that thing :!: :roll: done? :x I say its big and I only have 2 hands :!: ..........cant wait to put these on my boat .....there Viking symbols and there going to cover the screw holes from the butt joints......keep moving :!: :!: :!:
Attachments
P5190001.JPG

svenole

Post by svenole »

I have a problem with thinking of to many things and not dealing with the task at hand. motorwell motorwell motorwell :!:

kens

Post by kens »

raymacke wrote:Yea Bill, a project of that size can sometimes seem a little overwhelming. For me building the hull was the easy part as the plans provided the guidance and it seems Part A connects to Part B and they connect to Part C. Once rolled all bets are off. There is a million things that can be done and need to be sorted out.

AND I can tell you this - after you spend the first night hanging on the hook in a quiet spot while ignoring everything else in the world, you will forget all the headaches and heartaches of the build. They suddenly seem a small price to pay for pleasure your new creation will provide. Sure has worked that way for me.
Ray, the last part of that comment is SO correct.
In several years since the first splash, I never really got in some good fishing. All that changed last week. I got out with a buddy, trolling 5 lines spread, and the action was HOT. 2 of us in the boat with a triple hook-up!!!!
Barracuda, Mackerel, Bonita, Kings, and Tuna to boot. Too bad a shark got the best of the Tuna tho.
You're right, all the headaches & heartaches seemed to go away.
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

hdunk

Post by hdunk »

As one that is just getting started thanks Bill and All... I know I have a long road ahead just like when I built a SquareCraft Caviler 102.5 aircraft. With help from all of you I know its is possible... even today when I was outside with transit and it was 92 degrees thanks for all the inspiration TO YOU ALL.
Getting ready to start a Titan,

Welcome home our military...
USAF Retired.

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

Bill, On one-hand I feel your pain, but on the other hand, aren't you retired.

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Jeff

Yes I retired! It's GOOD! I'm finally seeing some progress after lots of sanding, fairing and painting.

I'm starting the V-Berth, some wiring and some decking. The cash flow really hurts!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

fredt

Post by fredt »

Bill,

It seems that when I took the time to concentrate on the boat, also retired, monthly purchases went way up, to the point the wife started noticing all the boxes coming from vendors all over the country. Prior to that, I was able to go virtually unnoticed. Working on a boat over a couple to few years can help with the relationships, but isn't conducive to getting it done .

I attempted to remind her that if we bought all of our groceries at one time for the entire year, those costs would also look very high. Apparently that wasn't a satisfactory remark. as, then the fight started. :(

Tony Hain

Post by Tony Hain »

Fredt
The logic of your arguement was sound, but your a braver men than I to have even gone there!
Tony from Tiaro
Tony Hain
"Never under-estimate the bounds of human stupidity" (Robert Heinlein)
and on a more optimistic note "nor the capacity for human brilliance"

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I have to remind my wife that SHE was the one who said go ahead build it!

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Soloboat

Post by Soloboat »

Bill what helped for my frustration at those junctures was actually writing a sequence plan added to it subtracted from it less angst as to what goes when and les need to have all kinds of ideas just floating free in the noodle.Yeah been there ,solicited the psychiatric forum and it helped ie you guys and gals here
Love you bro
) Champagne dreams and wishes are possible on a beer budget. Just build the boat.
Nice curves are easy on the eyes.
Go sell crazy somewhere else we're all stocked up here."As Good As It Gets" Jack Nicholson.

fredt

Post by fredt »

Tony

Still healing, but also though the argument was sound. :?

Bill,

Nicely done: " It's your fault honey"

I will try that next.

It will all be forgotten when I take her out for an cruise in our new boat.

thudpucker

Post by thudpucker »

Bill, you can call me if you need someone to watch you move stuff around. :lol:

I still have some long PVC pipes that belong to somebody at G-4. Should I bring them to this gathering?
I forgot what they were for, and I still don't know how I wound up with them.
Is anybody missing them?

Return to “Miscellaneous”