Anyone have schematic for 8-pin square plug (engine) ?

Topics not covered by another category.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

kens

Re: Anyone have schematic for 8-pin square plug (engine) ?

Post by kens »

Yeah, I know it is a PCM. that part is easy. But, that 8-pin PCM harness I can not truly identify.
Since all the manufacturers are marinizing GM blocks, I had assumed that all the wiring was in protocol with GM/Delphi schematics.
Not so.
There is minor differences. Minor as it may be, I aint gonna hot-wire a battery to it,,,,,, not yet.
I did find a book with MEFI3/TBI/PCM. That is a big help. Actually HUGE !!
When it all boils down, you only need 1 hot-wire to awaken the ECM, everything else is peripherals.
I am not trying to do a full-function test of this thing, only trying to decifer if it is worth persueing any further.
Today I found out the block is not cracked, it does hold coolant pressure, and that is a good thing.
tomorrow maybe the oil filter for making metal
Oak..........the juice ain't worth the squeeze :D :shock: :o :)

kens

Post by kens »

TomB wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 1:10 pm
Ken,

The label suggests a PCM engine. Maybe Vince at Discount Inboard Marine could point you in the right direction. He knows a lot about PCM. 803-345-0996

Tom
Thanks, I'll see if he can get me a service manual

psychobilly

Post by psychobilly »

Any updates Ken?

kens

Post by kens »

I got sent on a trip slowed me down. but yeah, I did recieve some good info right here
Thanks Neel, Roberta. Those pics were real close, but slightly different.
It doesn't help that the boat/engine wire harness is faded in colors, blue might be purple, red might be orange, tan might be white, blue might be lt. blue,,,you get the idea.

I found an engine dealer that sent me the exact thing, correct color codes, and it all made good sense.
Now I'm comfortable to proceed with powering this thing up. I would hate to smoke-check the control module.

kens

Post by kens »

Some success this morning. Compression check is good, this has been sitting dry and abandoned for 15 or 20 years.
With the wire connector color codes and a little test light, I was able to wake up the engine ECM and get a self test and the code 12 on the blinking light. code 12 being a passing grade on the self test.
perhaps bring this home next week
Does anybody need a VelvetDrive 71c 1.5:1 gear? Make me a offer I can't refuse !

Return to “Miscellaneous”