RAPTOR COMPRESSION STAPLER CT6000P

What kind, options, etc.

Moderators: ttownshaw, billy c

Shawn K

RAPTOR COMPRESSION STAPLER CT6000P

Post by Shawn K »

Has anyone used the compression CT6000P manual stapler from Raptor to attach 4mm okume to frames or planking? If so, How did it work? will it go through the wood or is difficult to use by hand. Im just wondering if i can purchase it and save money instead of buying the air powered Raptor stapler. Something tells me id probably just be betternoff buying the more expensive set up. Also, what color of staple is best to use with the mohagony plywood' so you won't see it when finished?

jamundsen

Re: RAPTOR COMPRESSION STAPLER CT6000P

Post by jamundsen »

You will
Use many staples. Get the air one. Keep it clean
The brown staples have blended in well. Several people have used the Brad’s instead of staples. They sand well
John Amundsen
Monte Carlo
Lakeland,Fl

Work tends to get in the way of boat building

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Definitely get the air tool. Way too many staples for a hand powered tool. Like using a screw driver instead of a power driver.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Brown Mahogany Raptor nail is almost undetectable.
Matt B
Attachments
25AF7F46-BD1F-4D88-A61C-679F8A556CF0.jpeg

Shawn K

Post by Shawn K »

Ok, thanks guys. That's what I figured that going with the air tool is the best choice. Now , someone mentioned using the brads instead of staples for putting down the second layer of plywood. The first layer is done and I ran them all horizontal.. I'm going to run two more layers that will be 4mm okoume' ran at 45 degrees it will be 6 " wide. So what's the best to use on these layers, staples or brads? And I'm gonna go with the brown color. If there's anymore tips you can pass my way I certainly appreciate it. Thank You.

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Shawn.... I would use staples for attaching the plywood as they are stronger. I don't think I would use them on final planking except on areas that will be painted. The brads are much less noticeable but don't hold quite as well. Also, both do countersink themselves slightly, brads more than staples. So some filler may be required... Neel

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

Agree with Neel, staples for all the cold-mold strips. Much better fastener than the Brad. The Brad is for the final side planking.
Matt B

Shawn K

Post by Shawn K »

So then I'm going to need both guns one for staples and one for brads, if I use brads on the final layer of plywood? Also what size staples did you use, I would like to use the 1/4" because I'm afraid anything longer will go all the way through and sticking out on the inside of hull, but will the 1/4" be long enough to hold 4 mm ply ?

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

It hurts but two Raptors are needed. I can’t remember if I used 1/4” or 3/8” staples. It’s not a big deal if some staples poke through the inside, you can almost break off the tip with your finger.
Matt B

Return to “Fasteners”