Tahoe Windshield

A forum for contacting other builders of Ken Hankinson designs. These designs are now a part of the Glen-L family.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, billy c

Bluesman

Tahoe Windshield

Post by Bluesman » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:05 pm

Anyone know Gerald Hurst (is he still around?) and or where this windshield came from? I really like it....
Attachments
gerald-hurst-009.jpg
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

TomB

Re: Tahoe Windshield

Post by TomB » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:50 am

I spoke with Mr. Hurst this morning. I'll send you a PM with his contact info.

I like that windshield too. Per Mr. Hurst it is from a Riva.

Tom

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:43 am

Check this one out. This is from Bob Smiths "The Epiphany" build
http://www.glen-l.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. ... 60#p157102

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:48 am

Thanks for the link Neel. I don't like the pass-through look with that center pane, in my mind it just doesn't work for the era and I'm planning on a period correct boat. Well, at least as best I can afford.

Also thinking of exhaust tips. I like Butch Barto's side exhaust but I think those might look too big on a 21' and the piping might be a problem. Best to go out the transom?
LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of Buffalo Bill and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto » Sun Aug 25, 2019 5:35 am

Gerald has a windshield from a Riva , he told me it is pretty close fit to the shape of the Tahoe deck. Cant remember where he got it. My side vents are Riva , I got them from Allen Winestine ,not sure of the spelling, He is out of south Florida. The RIVA Guru .Get ready to heat up your credit card for anything Riva. I picked Gerald up at the Gild International Airport just over the mountain, couple years ago . He flew his Bonanza over to The Gathering with his Brother and a friend and spent a few hours with us. I been trying to get him to bring his Tahoe but he is not comfortable trailering from NC .

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman » Mon Aug 26, 2019 8:32 am

Thanks Butch. Since I'm building the smaller Tahoe I don't think a full sized Riva wind screen would work, the beam is ~ 6 inches narrower.

Ocean Dynamics has one that might work?

Wrap-around windshields [800 series]

The lightweight but strong wrap-around 800 is available with an optional walk-thru door or vent window. This type of windshield is commonly found on the early model sport boats, usually less then 24 feet. The Wrap-around is specially engineered to fit into a vinyl deck channel for a watertight seal. It is also available with top aluminum channel for added strength and styling.

Return to “Hankinson designs”