Roberta's New Toy

Let's all discuss the tools here

Moderators: BruceDow, billy c

Roberta

Roberta's New Toy

Post by Roberta »

Now that Oliver IV is all gussied up and the Super Spartan is done, What's Next??? Rich bought me a belated Christmas present. 3 hp at 220 volts and 14" resaw capability, I'll need to do more than make those 200 little 2x4 boats for the kiddies at our Glacier Lakes boat show in August. This is one fine bandsaw. If you're looking to buy one and can afford it, this will not disappoint.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Attachments
New saw 001.jpg
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Paul Kinneberg

Re: Roberta's New Toy

Post by Paul Kinneberg »

What a guy!!! You will love your Laguna bandsaw I have had a Laguna 16HD for about 5 years and it has handled everything I have thrown at it from small to large.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I'm really looking forward to giving it a real workout. Set up was pretty easy with the ceramic guides. The mobility kit makes the saw very portable around the hangar. I need to get the 1" Resaw King blade and a resaw fence so I can do some veneering. I like the quietness and it is so much safer than my table saw for doing many things. Rockler has the 14 SUV on sale this month. I got mine at our local store and avoided the shipping. Rich and I brought it home on a trailer. It comes upright on a pallet, so an open trailer with a ramp works well. Rockler put it on the trailer and we just slid it down the ramp and into the garage at home. Other than the table and the motor, there isn't much to assembling it.

Roberta :D :D :D :D

jlwright

Post by jlwright »

Nice looking saw. You must have another big project in mind!

billy c

Post by billy c »

WOW Roberta! just WOW! :D :D :D
looks like that will handle the demands of your new Rampage build :D
-Billy
(insert Witty phrase here)
Billy's Belle Isle website

Paul Kinneberg

Post by Paul Kinneberg »

Roberta Hegy wrote:I'm really looking forward to giving it a real workout. Set up was pretty easy with the ceramic guides. The mobility kit makes the saw very portable around the hangar. I need to get the 1" Resaw King blade and a resaw fence so I can do some veneering. I like the quietness and it is so much safer than my table saw for doing many things. Rockler has the 14 SUV on sale this month. I got mine at our local store and avoided the shipping. Rich and I brought it home on a trailer. It comes upright on a pallet, so an open trailer with a ramp works well. Rockler put it on the trailer and we just slid it down the ramp and into the garage at home. Other than the table and the motor, there isn't much to assembling it.

Roberta you will love that blade as well, once you get over the hit to your wallet :lol:

The good news is as long as you don't ding it up taking it on and off the machine it will stay sharp for a long time still using mine and haven't had to sharpen it yet.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks Guys!!! Yup!!! I'm thinking RAMPAGE. I will probably start that next fall. I'll be looking for bulk mahogany and other sundries in the mean time.

Roberta :D :D :D :D :D

ttownshaw

Post by ttownshaw »

Great Job Rich!!!!
Bill

I told my wife we needed a three-car garage for my projects...she told me to ask her for permission next time before I buy a house.
http://www.unitybuild.net

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Having not attended a Gathering at which Roberta has been present...(she missed the first one...na na nanana na)...I was under the (quite possibly wrong) impression that she might be a wine snob....

Now I learn for a fact that she is a bandsaw snob....L A G U N A !! LA FReeking DE DA !!!!

Steve

(Some guys just cannot contain their jealousy!) :evil: :roll: :wink: :? :lol: 8)

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

I'm a wine snob, too!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Roberta :D

raymacke

Post by raymacke »

Roberta, I was going to offer my opinion about that big gray band saw BUT you will to wait while I stop and wipe all the drool of the floor!
So Many Rivers,
So Little Time....

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thanks, Ray!! I've been kicking the idea of buying this saw for about a year. When it went on sale at Rockler and our local Rockler store had one in the crate, that was all I needed to put me over the fence.

Return to “Tool Talk”