Heaters

Let's all discuss the tools here

Moderators: BruceDow, billy c

Bill Edmundson

Re: Heaters

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I've used a lot of plastic! But, I need both of these doors daily.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I guess this was a good time to talk heaters. Everyone up north please be careful. Roberta was smart. She went to Arizona!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D How about a bunch of bubble wrap and duct tape.Course ,you might have to discourage the missus from popping all the bubbles :lol:
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Chug :lol:

I like the bubble wrap idea! You're right it would not last long with Lauren! :lol: :roll:

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D After watching the weather guy,you might need a snowman making kit.(char-coal ,scarf, and pipe.) :lol:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

"Tis the season! (Unless you live down under!). This is my choice. We have natural gas. NG is the cheapest with electric second. Propane comes in a distant 3rd. Then kerosene. I have all.

I think the thing with NG is to never let it get behind. I have 3 outside walls. Two are poured concrete and one is barely insulated. The fourth wall and ceiling are against living space of our house. Floor is concrete. NG heats air, not stuff. If all that concrete gets cold it takes a long time for 70* air the warm it up. I know we don't have other's heating issues. So far this year we have only been down to 23*. Lows of 35* are more common.

Bill
Attachments
100_0027.JPG
Tahoe 19 Build

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:D You're not much warmer than me.I'm running outside boiler with 4 heat exchangers in house.When I want a certain room heated,I just turn on fans.The hot water just circulates all the time.
IMG_1232[1].JPG
I used the same set-up in boatshed when I was fibreglassing "Chug one winter.Thanks,Bill for bringing up this topic again.Made me think about running underfloor heat in shop utilizing the second hook-up on my outside boiler. :D

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Chug

Different problems. It is time to think about it.

Bill
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Tool Talk”