Pee Wee Jet

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

hzchevy

Pee Wee Jet

Post by hzchevy »

Gday All.
So im only new to boat building and have just ordered my plans for the little pee wee. Ive decided to start small and see how well I cope with that first.
I am totally down with always trying something different. I know alot of you would say this is out of the question and its to small blah blah blah but why cant you build a pee wee jet. Surely somebody can do it...right? I like the look of a boat with its sleek lines without having an outboard hanging off the back.
So what if you put a powerski combination into a pee wee. If powerski can build a surfboard with a jet why not a pee wee with a jet.
Obviously cost is a factor but what hobby isnt costly. OR am I just plain Crazy.
Cheers.

Iggy

Re: Pee Wee Jet

Post by Iggy »

I doubt anyone is going to give you a rough time for you wanting to build a Jet.. people around this forum are more into encouraging your dreams rather than discouraging.

I have not seen any Pee Wee Jets yet.. so you might be the first.

The Customer Photo section has quite a few builders making a Squirt Jets:

SQUIRT (with jet) by Terry McIntyre (3-04)

SQUIRT (with jet) by Paul Day (6-05)

SQUIRT (with jet) by Matt Holmes, Auburn, WA (8-07)

I would be concerned that the Pee Wee might be a touch to small to fit the Jet Mechanism. A Squirt is 2 1/2' longer.. so thats a lot more room to fit a Jed drive than a 7'-6'' boat. The Squirt can also be extended by 10%.. so 11' is possible.

Just something to think about. As you just ordered the plans.. you could probably call Glen-L up and make a swap if you think it would be a good idea.

I cannot imagine there is much of a cost difference between a Pee Wee and a Squirt in terms of building materials.

There is a video of a Jet Squirt in opertation here:
https://www.boatdesigns.com/10-Squirt-r ... ducts/360/

Either way.. good luck and I am sure we would all love to see pictures as you make progress.
Ian (aka Iggy)
My Malahini Build

Moeregaard

Post by Moeregaard »

Many years ago (early '70s?), the Pee Wee page in the Glen-L hard-copy catalog showed a photo and a very brief description of a Pee Wee fitted with a Berkeley jet pump. You might call the office and see if they have any additional information in their archives about this. I'm with Iggy one this one; the guts from a Jet Ski will fill up a Pee Wee pretty quickly.

-Mark Shipley
A boat is just a wooden box with no right angles.

hzchevy

Post by hzchevy »

Thanks guys, I realize the pee wee is quite small and a jet ski motor will not fit but ive been looking at these powerskis. (www.powerski.com) They've fitted a unique flat engine and jet design into a surfboard. Although im tipping it would be very hard to source one of these units. All the same how cool would it be. Oh well dare to dream.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

that is still a very long unit.....too long to fit I'm afraid

A jet-Ski /Waverunner unit is too long to fit in a Pee-Wee.

There was a Berkley unit back in the 1960's that was used in the first Sea-Doo's, that was used in a few jet Pee-Wee's , but they haven't been around for years

Build a jet Squirt lengthened to 11',a Dyno-Jet,or a TNT with jet if you want a small inboard jet.

Oh yea,welcome to the forum!!!

Return to “Power Boats”