modified malahini

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

hoodman

Re: modified malahini

Post by hoodman »

Looks great Bryan. Keep up the great work.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr »

Bryan,

Things are looking great.

Lee

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Moved into new house this weekend. Well everything except the boat and plywood. Not sure how i'm going to move it. I don't have a trailer yet and don't really want one sitting around until I'm ready for it. Thinking I'm going to push it down the street on the cradle. I only moved 1 mile away. New house has smaller garage and no extra room to do epoxy work. I can't imagine Lisa letting me use the kitchen table, but I will press on.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

A mile is a bit of a ways to push the boat on the dollie. Perhaps a flat bed trailer? A pain yes, but I seriously doubt that the casters on the build dollie could take that kind of punishment.

As for the space, a plastic folding table and a canopy do wonders for outside work. Nearly everything I do is outside out of necessity. Right now all my free space (what little there is) is taken up with interior cabinetry waiting to be put back in the boat. And the work bench never seems to stay clean for very long, It's a doable thing, just watch your back from having to bend over the table.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Big problem with my build. Now that all the moving is settled (except the boat), the garage is too short to fit the boat. Also, too narrow to put boat on an angle and still get Lisa's car in the garage. I am going to have to get a portable carport to work in. Anyone have any experience with one and have a suggestion on which to get?
Bryan

We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Hercdrvr

Post by Hercdrvr »

First thought is, how does the HOA feel about a temporary carport? I would start by negotiating a temporary claim to the entire garage with Lisa. You could have that boat wrapped up by the onset of winter.
Matt B

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

No HOA. Town allows them. Lisa is okay with it. Kind of thought it would be a good idea for winter storage anyway.
Bryan

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr »

I don't have any experience with temporary carports. Glad you have that as a solution so you can continue your build.

Lee

Biss

Post by Biss »

Do you have room on your property for a shop or even a pole barn? You might be surprised how affordable that option might be and you could used it for other projects/storage after the boat build. I don't regret building my shop at all; been enjoying it for many years now! My shop is 24'x30' which was a good size for the Malahini. The A/C is really nice in the summer/winter too :D . Best of luck getting this worked out.

Biss

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

They would be nice options but would require permits and variances.
Bryan

Return to “Power Boats”