plan advice

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

plan advice

Post by 104 »

A friend demolished his boat and gifted the hard parts to me. I basically got the boat minus the hull.Parts list includes a marinized 1970 chrysler 360 with a 71c 1:1 velvet drive, 6' stainless propshaft, bronze strut 7.5" drop aprox 10 degree, a three blade 14" bronze prop, rudder,steering gear, stuffing boxes for prop shaft and rudder, and some miscellaneous hardware. So far all the pieces look very serviceable :D
The boat he tore apart was a cabin cruiser but I am interested in making a runabout with a loa of 20' for day trips with 4-6 persons.
what would be some good designs to look at? This would be my first powerboat build,having only built canoes and kyacks before.

Andy Garrett

Re: plan advice

Post by Andy Garrett »

There are several options that would allow you to make use of the engine and other gear you describe. Many come in the length you require. A Barrelback is just one example. A Monaco, Biscasyne, Tahoe, Key Largo, etc.
Andy Garrett

Perhaps the slowest Zip build in Glen-L history...

Moeregaard

Post by Moeregaard »

The 18-ft Mist Miss would be a good candidate as well. It's a little smaller than what you have in mind, but would be a relatively quick build, and it would really move out with that kind of power.

-Mark Shipley
A boat is just a wooden box with no right angles.

thudpucker

Post by thudpucker »

Where are you?
That info would help out a lot in choosing a Hull.

Return to “Power Boats”